VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract
MOSS POINT — VT Halter Marine has won an $87 million contract to build an enhanced version of oceanographic survey ships for the U.S. Navy.
CEO Bill Skinner says that work will begin next year with a delivery date of 2013. Work will be done at the Moss Point shipyard.
The company, which specializes in the design and construction of medium-sized ships, has additional yards in Pascagoula and Escatawpa in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey