VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract
MOSS POINT — VT Halter Marine has won an $87 million contract to build an enhanced version of oceanographic survey ships for the U.S. Navy.
CEO Bill Skinner says that work will begin next year with a delivery date of 2013. Work will be done at the Moss Point shipyard.
The company, which specializes in the design and construction of medium-sized ships, has additional yards in Pascagoula and Escatawpa in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn