VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract
MOSS POINT — VT Halter Marine has won an $87 million contract to build an enhanced version of oceanographic survey ships for the U.S. Navy.
CEO Bill Skinner says that work will begin next year with a delivery date of 2013. Work will be done at the Moss Point shipyard.
The company, which specializes in the design and construction of medium-sized ships, has additional yards in Pascagoula and Escatawpa in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations