VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract
MOSS POINT — VT Halter Marine has won an $87 million contract to build an enhanced version of oceanographic survey ships for the U.S. Navy.
CEO Bill Skinner says that work will begin next year with a delivery date of 2013. Work will be done at the Moss Point shipyard.
The company, which specializes in the design and construction of medium-sized ships, has additional yards in Pascagoula and Escatawpa in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials