VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract
MOSS POINT — VT Halter Marine has won an $87 million contract to build an enhanced version of oceanographic survey ships for the U.S. Navy.
CEO Bill Skinner says that work will begin next year with a delivery date of 2013. Work will be done at the Moss Point shipyard.
The company, which specializes in the design and construction of medium-sized ships, has additional yards in Pascagoula and Escatawpa in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “VT Halter wins $87M Navy contract”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson
- Supermarket incentives for distressed communities die in House