AT&T adds to 3G network
by Wally Northway
Published: December 28,2009
TUPELO — AT&T has rolled out its third generation (3G) mobile broadband network in Tupelo. A total of 16 cell sites are involved in the upgrade.
“Demand for wireless bandwidth has grown fast in Mississippi,” said Mayo Flynt, president, AT&T Mississippi. “With this expansion, our customers can continue to ride the leading edge of mobile broadband with emerging devices and thousands of mobile applications.”
Recently, AT&T announced plans to further upgrade its 3G network nationwide with HSPA 7.2 technology to deliver considerably faster mobile broadband speeds. The upgrades are planned to begin in the fourth quarter, with completion expected in 2011.
AT&T’s 3G network is available in more than 350 major metropolitan areas, including recent launches in Philadelphia, Picayune and Natchez.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level