AT&T adds to 3G network
by Wally Northway
Published: December 28,2009
TUPELO — AT&T has rolled out its third generation (3G) mobile broadband network in Tupelo. A total of 16 cell sites are involved in the upgrade.
“Demand for wireless bandwidth has grown fast in Mississippi,” said Mayo Flynt, president, AT&T Mississippi. “With this expansion, our customers can continue to ride the leading edge of mobile broadband with emerging devices and thousands of mobile applications.”
Recently, AT&T announced plans to further upgrade its 3G network nationwide with HSPA 7.2 technology to deliver considerably faster mobile broadband speeds. The upgrades are planned to begin in the fourth quarter, with completion expected in 2011.
AT&T’s 3G network is available in more than 350 major metropolitan areas, including recent launches in Philadelphia, Picayune and Natchez.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies