Bynum meets with President Obama
Published: December 29,2009
JACKSON — Bill Bynum, CEO of ECD/HOPE (Enterprise Corporation of the Delta/Hope Community Credit Union), recently participated in a meeting with President Barak Obama to identify innovative ways to boost lending to small businesses and move the economy forward. Bynum joined a select group of 12 leaders from other community development financial institutions (CDFIs) and community banks from across the nation at the White House as they advance ideas to stimulate small business growth and plans for regulatory reform.
“CDFIs like ECD/HOPE are uniquely positioned to have a dramatic effect on stabilizing the economy and getting financing flowing to businesses again,” said Bynum. “CDFIs have a history of working in economically distressed environments and have proven that we can make smart lending decisions that support viable businesses.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club