TekLinks earns certification
HATTIESBURG — The IT services firm TekLinks has achieved the SAS70 Type II certification after completing a rigorous testing and auditing protocol, which was performed by an independent service auditor.
Established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, SAS 70 is a widely recognized auditing standard for service organizations such as TekLinks to demonstrate that they have adequate controls and processes in place. A SAS70 examination demonstrates that an independent accounting and auditing firm has reviewed and examined an organization’s control objectives and activities.
Two audit types are available: Type I and Type II. The Type II audit is a detailed and lengthy process, as it adds a verification and effectiveness stage in which the proposed controls are tested and validated for effectiveness.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound