TekLinks earns certification
HATTIESBURG — The IT services firm TekLinks has achieved the SAS70 Type II certification after completing a rigorous testing and auditing protocol, which was performed by an independent service auditor.
Established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, SAS 70 is a widely recognized auditing standard for service organizations such as TekLinks to demonstrate that they have adequate controls and processes in place. A SAS70 examination demonstrates that an independent accounting and auditing firm has reviewed and examined an organization’s control objectives and activities.
Two audit types are available: Type I and Type II. The Type II audit is a detailed and lengthy process, as it adds a verification and effectiveness stage in which the proposed controls are tested and validated for effectiveness.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds