TekLinks earns certification
HATTIESBURG — The IT services firm TekLinks has achieved the SAS70 Type II certification after completing a rigorous testing and auditing protocol, which was performed by an independent service auditor.
Established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, SAS 70 is a widely recognized auditing standard for service organizations such as TekLinks to demonstrate that they have adequate controls and processes in place. A SAS70 examination demonstrates that an independent accounting and auditing firm has reviewed and examined an organization’s control objectives and activities.
Two audit types are available: Type I and Type II. The Type II audit is a detailed and lengthy process, as it adds a verification and effectiveness stage in which the proposed controls are tested and validated for effectiveness.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal