TekLinks earns certification
HATTIESBURG — The IT services firm TekLinks has achieved the SAS70 Type II certification after completing a rigorous testing and auditing protocol, which was performed by an independent service auditor.
Established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, SAS 70 is a widely recognized auditing standard for service organizations such as TekLinks to demonstrate that they have adequate controls and processes in place. A SAS70 examination demonstrates that an independent accounting and auditing firm has reviewed and examined an organization’s control objectives and activities.
Two audit types are available: Type I and Type II. The Type II audit is a detailed and lengthy process, as it adds a verification and effectiveness stage in which the proposed controls are tested and validated for effectiveness.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November