Barbour sets special election
Published: January 6,2010
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI — Gov. Haley Barbour has set a Feb. 16 special election date for the District 36 vacancy in the State Senate. The district includes Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds and Jefferson counties.
The qualifying deadline for the election is Jan. 15. If a run-off is necessary, it will be held March 9.
The office became open after Barbour appointed Vincent Davis to serve as 17th District Chancery Court Judge. Davis resigned his Senate seat Dec. 8. There are two years remaining in the current term of office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring