SBA extends nomination deadline
JACKSON — The deadline to submit a nomination for a Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration 2010 Small Business Week award has been extended to Jan. 8.
There are various awards for the small business community along with champion awards for those that support or promote small businesses. They are:
• Small Business Awards — Small Business Person of the Year, Small Business Exporter of the Year, SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business of the Year, Community Rural Lender of the Year and Entrepreneurial Success Award.
• Champion Awards — Financial Services Champion of the Year, Home-Based Business Champion of the Year, Minority Small Business Champion of the Year, Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year and Women in Business Champion of the Year. (Champions may or may not be small business owners.)
Individuals may self-nominate or nominate someone else. All nominations must be received at the SBA Gulfport Branch Office or postmarked by Jan. 8. Mississippi Small Business Week awardees will be recognized in late spring 2010.
A nomination package containing guidelines, forms and additional details is available online at www.sba.gov/ms under “Spotlight.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs