SBA extends nomination deadline
JACKSON — The deadline to submit a nomination for a Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration 2010 Small Business Week award has been extended to Jan. 8.
There are various awards for the small business community along with champion awards for those that support or promote small businesses. They are:
• Small Business Awards — Small Business Person of the Year, Small Business Exporter of the Year, SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Jeffrey Butland Family-Owned Business of the Year, Community Rural Lender of the Year and Entrepreneurial Success Award.
• Champion Awards — Financial Services Champion of the Year, Home-Based Business Champion of the Year, Minority Small Business Champion of the Year, Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year and Women in Business Champion of the Year. (Champions may or may not be small business owners.)
Individuals may self-nominate or nominate someone else. All nominations must be received at the SBA Gulfport Branch Office or postmarked by Jan. 8. Mississippi Small Business Week awardees will be recognized in late spring 2010.
A nomination package containing guidelines, forms and additional details is available online at www.sba.gov/ms under “Spotlight.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues