AIAMS exhibit garners award
JACKSON — The Mississippi Chapter of the American Institute of Architects’ (AIA’s) Mississippi Celebrates Architecture Exhibit has earned a 2010 Grassroots Excellence Award for Public Affairs and Communications: Outstanding Single Program.
The awards are intended to remind the AIA community that many of the institute’s best ideas and practices come from components.
The jury commented: “Mississippi Celebrates Architecture was a program that engaged both AIA members and the community. The different exhibits provided the public with the opportunity to learn more about architecture around the country as well as in Mississippi. The lecture series educated attendees and created dialogue. The exhibit in the art gallery provided the opportunity for students to learn more about architecture and influence their view of the profession and its importance to society. The gift of the exhibit to the State of Mississippi from AIAMS is one that will have a lasting and truly deep impact on the residents for years to come.”
The award will be presented to AIA Mississippi officers in Washington, D.C., Feb. 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring