Best Places to Work a perfect launch
For the fourth year, the Mississippi Business & Technology EXPO will start with an event that over its short history has produced wall-to-wall crowds. It would be hard to find a more fitting event to create a buzz over the course of the two days of EXPO.
Launched in 2005, the Best Places to Work in Mississippi awards program looks to honor those organizations that invest heavily in their workers. This year’s winners will be recognized during the Best Places to Work in Mississippi Kick-off Breakfast, which will be held Jan. 13 beginning at 7:30 a.m. at the Mississippi Trade Mart.
Stock options, college scholarships, daycare assistance, employee development and training, fitness programs — these are just a few of the efforts that have made this year’s class of Best Places to Work in Mississippi winners. They join such notable previous winners as BancorpSouth, Roy Anderson Corp., Eagle Ridge Conference Center at Hinds Community College, Business Communications Inc., FNC Inc., BankPlus and JBHM Architects, just to name a few.
Back again this year as sponsor of the Best Places to Work in Mississippi Kick-off Breakfast is Southern Research Group (SRG) of Jackson. The company is a good fit for the program. Southern Research Group is a leading and award-winning marketing research and political consulting firm with over 20 years of experience that is committed to providing its clients with quality data that is oriented to empower the decision-making process.
Southern Research Group’s Tim Smith said, “Identifying and recognizing the Best Places to Work requires the finest research. SRG is proud to provide that research for the Mississippi Business Journal, the finest business publication in the market.”
The Best Places to Work in Mississippi Kick-off Breakfast will offer a video presentation winners — in the four categories of small business, medium business, large business and mega-large business — touching briefly on their efforts that garnered an award. (The MBJ will subsequently produce a special publication giving a more detailed profile of each winner.)
Attendees will also enjoy food provided by Mangia Bene Catering as well as an address by attorney/author Andy Taggart.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency