Best Places to Work a perfect launch
For the fourth year, the Mississippi Business & Technology EXPO will start with an event that over its short history has produced wall-to-wall crowds. It would be hard to find a more fitting event to create a buzz over the course of the two days of EXPO.
Launched in 2005, the Best Places to Work in Mississippi awards program looks to honor those organizations that invest heavily in their workers. This year’s winners will be recognized during the Best Places to Work in Mississippi Kick-off Breakfast, which will be held Jan. 13 beginning at 7:30 a.m. at the Mississippi Trade Mart.
Stock options, college scholarships, daycare assistance, employee development and training, fitness programs — these are just a few of the efforts that have made this year’s class of Best Places to Work in Mississippi winners. They join such notable previous winners as BancorpSouth, Roy Anderson Corp., Eagle Ridge Conference Center at Hinds Community College, Business Communications Inc., FNC Inc., BankPlus and JBHM Architects, just to name a few.
Back again this year as sponsor of the Best Places to Work in Mississippi Kick-off Breakfast is Southern Research Group (SRG) of Jackson. The company is a good fit for the program. Southern Research Group is a leading and award-winning marketing research and political consulting firm with over 20 years of experience that is committed to providing its clients with quality data that is oriented to empower the decision-making process.
Southern Research Group’s Tim Smith said, “Identifying and recognizing the Best Places to Work requires the finest research. SRG is proud to provide that research for the Mississippi Business Journal, the finest business publication in the market.”
The Best Places to Work in Mississippi Kick-off Breakfast will offer a video presentation winners — in the four categories of small business, medium business, large business and mega-large business — touching briefly on their efforts that garnered an award. (The MBJ will subsequently produce a special publication giving a more detailed profile of each winner.)
Attendees will also enjoy food provided by Mangia Bene Catering as well as an address by attorney/author Andy Taggart.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey