Rentech named one of year’s best
ADAMS COUNTY — Rentech Inc. has been named a company of the year by Biofuels Digest for advancement in the commercialization of renewable fuels.
Biofuels Digest editor Jim Lane said, “The Digest readership and the editors have been amazed by the progress this year in aviation biofuels in general, and by Rentech in particular. The industry is moving rapidly from goals and plans to green jobs, energy security and carbon emission reductions. Rentech has returned to its roots as a renewable energy company, and at the same time has taken a leadership position in turning aviation biofuels into one of the hottest sectors in all of renewable energy.”
Rentech was also recently recognized by Biofuels Digest as one of the “50 Hottest Companies in Bioenergy” for its innovation and achievement in bio-energy development.
Rentech is developing a renewable energy facility in Rialto, Calif., that is anticipated to produce approximately 9.8 million gallons per year of renewable fuels and 35 megawatts of renewable power from green waste. It is also working to establish a refinery in Adams County near Natchez.
In August, eight airlines signed a multi-year agreement to purchase up to 1.5 million gallons per year of renewable synthetic diesel from this project for ground service equipment operations at Los Angeles International Airport beginning in late 2012, when the plant is scheduled to go into service.
In December, 13 domestic and international passenger and cargo carriers signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding with Rentech that is intended to serve as a framework for a definitive supply agreement for approximately 250 million gallons per year of certified synthetic jet fuel from Rentech’s proposed facility in Adams County. The facility may integrate fossil feedstocks and biomass that would be processed with Rentech’s biomass gasification technologies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation