Abby relocating, adding jobs
Published: January 11,2010
The expansion, a nearly $556,000 investment by the company, will create approximately 35 new jobs at the Ashland facility. Twenty-five of those jobs are already in place.
“In the current economy, it’s particularly important that we focus on creating jobs and helping to retain and grow our existing businesses,” said Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) executive director.
The MDA provided the City of Ashland with Capital Improvements Revolving Loan Program funds in the amount of $90,000 to be used for infrastructure improvements. MDA also provided the county with approximately $353,000 in Community Development Block Grant funds to also be used for infrastructure improvements to accommodate this expansion.
“We are pleased to be able to expand our operations and create additional jobs in north Mississippi,” said Terry Abby, owner of Abby Manufacturing. “Adding a new facility in Benton County was the right decision for our company, and we look forward to being members of the Ashland community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Abby relocating, adding jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations