Abby relocating, adding jobs
by Wally Northway
Published: January 11,2010
The expansion, a nearly $556,000 investment by the company, will create approximately 35 new jobs at the Ashland facility. Twenty-five of those jobs are already in place.
“In the current economy, it’s particularly important that we focus on creating jobs and helping to retain and grow our existing businesses,” said Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) executive director.
The MDA provided the City of Ashland with Capital Improvements Revolving Loan Program funds in the amount of $90,000 to be used for infrastructure improvements. MDA also provided the county with approximately $353,000 in Community Development Block Grant funds to also be used for infrastructure improvements to accommodate this expansion.
“We are pleased to be able to expand our operations and create additional jobs in north Mississippi,” said Terry Abby, owner of Abby Manufacturing. “Adding a new facility in Benton County was the right decision for our company, and we look forward to being members of the Ashland community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Abby relocating, adding jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015