Abby relocating, adding jobs
Published: January 11,2010
The expansion, a nearly $556,000 investment by the company, will create approximately 35 new jobs at the Ashland facility. Twenty-five of those jobs are already in place.
“In the current economy, it’s particularly important that we focus on creating jobs and helping to retain and grow our existing businesses,” said Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) executive director.
The MDA provided the City of Ashland with Capital Improvements Revolving Loan Program funds in the amount of $90,000 to be used for infrastructure improvements. MDA also provided the county with approximately $353,000 in Community Development Block Grant funds to also be used for infrastructure improvements to accommodate this expansion.
“We are pleased to be able to expand our operations and create additional jobs in north Mississippi,” said Terry Abby, owner of Abby Manufacturing. “Adding a new facility in Benton County was the right decision for our company, and we look forward to being members of the Ashland community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Abby relocating, adding jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love