Abby relocating, adding jobs
by Wally Northway
Published: January 11,2010
The expansion, a nearly $556,000 investment by the company, will create approximately 35 new jobs at the Ashland facility. Twenty-five of those jobs are already in place.
“In the current economy, it’s particularly important that we focus on creating jobs and helping to retain and grow our existing businesses,” said Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) executive director.
The MDA provided the City of Ashland with Capital Improvements Revolving Loan Program funds in the amount of $90,000 to be used for infrastructure improvements. MDA also provided the county with approximately $353,000 in Community Development Block Grant funds to also be used for infrastructure improvements to accommodate this expansion.
“We are pleased to be able to expand our operations and create additional jobs in north Mississippi,” said Terry Abby, owner of Abby Manufacturing. “Adding a new facility in Benton County was the right decision for our company, and we look forward to being members of the Ashland community.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Abby relocating, adding jobs”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip