FTC approves Panasonic/Sanyo deal
Published: January 11,2010
WASHINGTON — Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved a final consent order on Panasonic Corporation’s acquisition of Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
The final order settles charges that Panasonic’s purchase of Sanyo would have undermined competition in the worldwide market for nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, which power two-way radios and other products, and are used by police and fire departments nationwide.
The FTC vote approving the final order was 4-0.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds