FTC approves Panasonic/Sanyo deal
Published: January 11,2010
WASHINGTON — Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved a final consent order on Panasonic Corporation’s acquisition of Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
The final order settles charges that Panasonic’s purchase of Sanyo would have undermined competition in the worldwide market for nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, which power two-way radios and other products, and are used by police and fire departments nationwide.
The FTC vote approving the final order was 4-0.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities