FTC approves Panasonic/Sanyo deal
Published: January 11,2010
WASHINGTON — Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved a final consent order on Panasonic Corporation’s acquisition of Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
The final order settles charges that Panasonic’s purchase of Sanyo would have undermined competition in the worldwide market for nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, which power two-way radios and other products, and are used by police and fire departments nationwide.
The FTC vote approving the final order was 4-0.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street missteps
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics