FTC approves Panasonic/Sanyo deal
Published: January 11,2010
WASHINGTON — Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has approved a final consent order on Panasonic Corporation’s acquisition of Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
The final order settles charges that Panasonic’s purchase of Sanyo would have undermined competition in the worldwide market for nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, which power two-way radios and other products, and are used by police and fire departments nationwide.
The FTC vote approving the final order was 4-0.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics