HBAJ presents awards, seats officers, board
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2010
The Home Builders Association of Jackson (HBAJ) recently awarded its top three members for outstanding achievement. Gary N. Smith of Northtowne Builders was awarded the 2009 Builder Member of the Year because of his outstanding achievements in serving the home building industry. Smith made significant contributions in bringing green education, promotion and partnerships within HBAJ and other industries. He is currently serving on the HBAJ board of directors and serves on the board of the Mississippi Housing Institute, HBAJ’s Sales & Marketing Council as well as chair for HBAJ’s Green Building Committee.
Marsha Barber, Atmos Energy, was awarded the 2009 Associate Member of the Year as she was instrumental in her active participation of HBAJ committees including Associates Committee, Membership Committee, Parade of Homes Committee, Green Building Committee and Extravaganza Committee and others.
Scott Shoemaker, Shoemaker Homes, was awarded the 2009 Big Spike of the Year. Shoemaker successfully recruited the most new and renewed members for the year. He is also a two-time Spike Award Winner and 2009 president of the Home Builders Association of Mississippi.
The HBAJ also recently held its annual installation of officers presentation. The 2010 president of the Home Builders Association of Jackson will be builder and Realtor Dee Denton of Denton Custom Homes, LLC, and Denton Realty, LLC. This marks the first time in the history of HBAJ that a woman will hold this leadership position. Denton is currently a Mississippi licensed residential contractor, Mississippi licensed real estate broker, Mississippi licensed auctioneer colonel and an active member of the Home Builders Association of Jackson, Home Builders Association of Mississippi and National Association of Home Builders.
Also, on the officer’s list for the Association: Ti Garner, Wellington Homes Inc. serving as vice president; Todd Middleton, Middleton Homes & Construction, LLC, serving as secretary/treasurer; Paul Graham, Paul Graham Homes, LLC, serving as builder vice president, John Praytor, Praytor Appraisal, serving as associate vice president; Eddie Duran, Duran Homes, LLC, serving as senior advisor; and, Marc Martin, Marcus Martin Builder, LLC, serving as immediate past president.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money