MMA leaders selected
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2010
Tags: Bruce Reynolds, Carl Wallace, David Mills, Dennis Roberts, Don E. Mason, Don Mather, Doug Pfrimmer, Greg McNeely, Greg Purtle, Harry Simmons Jr., Jay C. Moon, Jim McArthur, Joe Mercado, Johnny Atherton, Lex Taylor, Marc Holman, Michael Thomas, Mike Reardon, Mississippi Manufacturers Association, Ray Ables, Ron Knapp, Scott Gipson, Steve Nelson, Tony Stringer
Don E. Mason of Gulfport has been named 2009-2010 chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association. Mason is currently a business development and governmental relations consultant for Seemann Composites Inc. and Pickering Inc., and is retired vice president of external affairs and corporate services for Mississippi Power Company.
In addition to Mason, other members of the MMA executive committee are: chairman-elect, Lex Taylor, president, Taylor Machine Works Inc., Louisville; vice chairman, Joe Mercado, general manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Meridian; secretary-treasurer, Greg McNeely, president, McNeely Plastics Inc., Clinton; immediate past president, Tony Stringer, president, Stringer Industries Inc., Tylertown; and, MMA president/CEO, Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM.
MMA board members elected to represent their respective districts are: (District 1) Ron Knapp, ACI Building Systems, Batesville; Steve Nelson, Milwaukee Electric Tool, Olive Branch; and Mike Reardon, Roseburg Forest Products-South, Oxford; (District 3) David Mills, Polo Custom Products, Louisville, and Michael Thomas, North American Coal Corp., Ackerman; (District 5) Harry Simmons Jr., Simmons Farm Raised Catfish, Yazoo City, and Carl Wallace, Terra Industries, Yazoo City; (District 6) Greg Purtle, Advanced Drainage Systems, Byram; (District 7) Scott Gipson, Gipson Steel Inc., Meridian, and Don Mather, La-Z-Boy South, Newton; (District 9) Dennis Roberts, Rusken Packaging, McComb, and Bruce Reynolds, Monticello Tire & Timber, Monticello; (At-large) Johnny Atherton, Mississippi Power Co., Gulfport; Jim McArthur, W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Co., Biloxi; Marc Holman, DuPont, Pass Christian; Ray Ables, Tyson Foods, Forest; and, Doug Pfrimmer, Raytheon, Forest.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMA leaders selected”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Chevron U.S.A.'s base oil facility begins production
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Corn growers watch bear market eat profits
- Chinese drywall manufacturer fined, banned from doing business in U.S.