MMA leaders selected
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2010
Tags: Bruce Reynolds, Carl Wallace, David Mills, Dennis Roberts, Don E. Mason, Don Mather, Doug Pfrimmer, Greg McNeely, Greg Purtle, Harry Simmons Jr., Jay C. Moon, Jim McArthur, Joe Mercado, Johnny Atherton, Lex Taylor, Marc Holman, Michael Thomas, Mike Reardon, Mississippi Manufacturers Association, Ray Ables, Ron Knapp, Scott Gipson, Steve Nelson, Tony Stringer
Don E. Mason of Gulfport has been named 2009-2010 chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association. Mason is currently a business development and governmental relations consultant for Seemann Composites Inc. and Pickering Inc., and is retired vice president of external affairs and corporate services for Mississippi Power Company.
In addition to Mason, other members of the MMA executive committee are: chairman-elect, Lex Taylor, president, Taylor Machine Works Inc., Louisville; vice chairman, Joe Mercado, general manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Meridian; secretary-treasurer, Greg McNeely, president, McNeely Plastics Inc., Clinton; immediate past president, Tony Stringer, president, Stringer Industries Inc., Tylertown; and, MMA president/CEO, Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM.
MMA board members elected to represent their respective districts are: (District 1) Ron Knapp, ACI Building Systems, Batesville; Steve Nelson, Milwaukee Electric Tool, Olive Branch; and Mike Reardon, Roseburg Forest Products-South, Oxford; (District 3) David Mills, Polo Custom Products, Louisville, and Michael Thomas, North American Coal Corp., Ackerman; (District 5) Harry Simmons Jr., Simmons Farm Raised Catfish, Yazoo City, and Carl Wallace, Terra Industries, Yazoo City; (District 6) Greg Purtle, Advanced Drainage Systems, Byram; (District 7) Scott Gipson, Gipson Steel Inc., Meridian, and Don Mather, La-Z-Boy South, Newton; (District 9) Dennis Roberts, Rusken Packaging, McComb, and Bruce Reynolds, Monticello Tire & Timber, Monticello; (At-large) Johnny Atherton, Mississippi Power Co., Gulfport; Jim McArthur, W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Co., Biloxi; Marc Holman, DuPont, Pass Christian; Ray Ables, Tyson Foods, Forest; and, Doug Pfrimmer, Raytheon, Forest.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMA leaders selected”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force