MMA leaders selected
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 11,2010
Tags: Bruce Reynolds, Carl Wallace, David Mills, Dennis Roberts, Don E. Mason, Don Mather, Doug Pfrimmer, Greg McNeely, Greg Purtle, Harry Simmons Jr., Jay C. Moon, Jim McArthur, Joe Mercado, Johnny Atherton, Lex Taylor, Marc Holman, Michael Thomas, Mike Reardon, Mississippi Manufacturers Association, Ray Ables, Ron Knapp, Scott Gipson, Steve Nelson, Tony Stringer
Don E. Mason of Gulfport has been named 2009-2010 chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association. Mason is currently a business development and governmental relations consultant for Seemann Composites Inc. and Pickering Inc., and is retired vice president of external affairs and corporate services for Mississippi Power Company.
In addition to Mason, other members of the MMA executive committee are: chairman-elect, Lex Taylor, president, Taylor Machine Works Inc., Louisville; vice chairman, Joe Mercado, general manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Meridian; secretary-treasurer, Greg McNeely, president, McNeely Plastics Inc., Clinton; immediate past president, Tony Stringer, president, Stringer Industries Inc., Tylertown; and, MMA president/CEO, Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM.
MMA board members elected to represent their respective districts are: (District 1) Ron Knapp, ACI Building Systems, Batesville; Steve Nelson, Milwaukee Electric Tool, Olive Branch; and Mike Reardon, Roseburg Forest Products-South, Oxford; (District 3) David Mills, Polo Custom Products, Louisville, and Michael Thomas, North American Coal Corp., Ackerman; (District 5) Harry Simmons Jr., Simmons Farm Raised Catfish, Yazoo City, and Carl Wallace, Terra Industries, Yazoo City; (District 6) Greg Purtle, Advanced Drainage Systems, Byram; (District 7) Scott Gipson, Gipson Steel Inc., Meridian, and Don Mather, La-Z-Boy South, Newton; (District 9) Dennis Roberts, Rusken Packaging, McComb, and Bruce Reynolds, Monticello Tire & Timber, Monticello; (At-large) Johnny Atherton, Mississippi Power Co., Gulfport; Jim McArthur, W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Co., Biloxi; Marc Holman, DuPont, Pass Christian; Ray Ables, Tyson Foods, Forest; and, Doug Pfrimmer, Raytheon, Forest.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMA leaders selected”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62