Water Worries: Closings and other updates and notes
by Amy McCullough
Published: January 12,2010
Owners of Broad Street Bakery, BRAVO! and Sal & Mookie’s announced this morning (Jan. 12) that despite a full stock of bottled water and soft drinks, the restaurants would be closing. “We simply cannot service our guests without the ability to wash up, use the restrooms, and the like,” said the Mangia Bene family in an e-mail blast.
The Hilton hotel on County Line Road in Ridgeland lost water on Monday (Jan. 11). General manager Larry Hollingsworth said he had been in the hotel business for 35 years and called the current situation “unprecedented.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast