Water Worries: Closings and other updates and notes
Published: January 12,2010
Owners of Broad Street Bakery, BRAVO! and Sal & Mookie’s announced this morning (Jan. 12) that despite a full stock of bottled water and soft drinks, the restaurants would be closing. “We simply cannot service our guests without the ability to wash up, use the restrooms, and the like,” said the Mangia Bene family in an e-mail blast.
The Hilton hotel on County Line Road in Ridgeland lost water on Monday (Jan. 11). General manager Larry Hollingsworth said he had been in the hotel business for 35 years and called the current situation “unprecedented.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?