Water Worries: Closings and other updates and notes
by Amy McCullough
Published: January 12,2010
Owners of Broad Street Bakery, BRAVO! and Sal & Mookie’s announced this morning (Jan. 12) that despite a full stock of bottled water and soft drinks, the restaurants would be closing. “We simply cannot service our guests without the ability to wash up, use the restrooms, and the like,” said the Mangia Bene family in an e-mail blast.
The Hilton hotel on County Line Road in Ridgeland lost water on Monday (Jan. 11). General manager Larry Hollingsworth said he had been in the hotel business for 35 years and called the current situation “unprecedented.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip