Jackson YMCAs Offer Shower Facilities
Published: January 13,2010
Showers and toilets are functioning at the YMCAs, and bottled water is available at most locations, said John Morris, marketing director for the Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi.
“We have opened our doors to anyone who needs to pop in and get themselves clean,” Morris said. Offices have received an “influx of calls” from residents inquiring about facilities, he said.
The YMCA has also assisted children and youth of Mississippi Children’s Home Services and New Horizons Ministries.
The Farish Street location is closed because it is primarily a pre-school and day care facility.
Open YMCA Locations:
- Downtown – 800 East River Place – Jackson – 601.948.3090
- Flowood - 690 Liberty Road – Flowood - 601.664.1955
- Northeast Jackson – Deville Plaza – 5062 I-55 North – Jackson – 601.709.3760
- Reservoir – 6023 Northshore Park – Brandon – 601.992.9118
- Ridgeland on Country Line – 888 Avery Boulevard – Ridgeland – 601.952.0003
- Clinton – 400 Lindale Street – Clinton – 601.924.5812
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015