Jackson YMCAs Offer Shower Facilities
Published: January 13,2010
Showers and toilets are functioning at the YMCAs, and bottled water is available at most locations, said John Morris, marketing director for the Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi.
“We have opened our doors to anyone who needs to pop in and get themselves clean,” Morris said. Offices have received an “influx of calls” from residents inquiring about facilities, he said.
The YMCA has also assisted children and youth of Mississippi Children’s Home Services and New Horizons Ministries.
The Farish Street location is closed because it is primarily a pre-school and day care facility.
Open YMCA Locations:
- Downtown – 800 East River Place – Jackson – 601.948.3090
- Flowood – 690 Liberty Road – Flowood – 601.664.1955
- Northeast Jackson – Deville Plaza – 5062 I-55 North – Jackson – 601.709.3760
- Reservoir – 6023 Northshore Park – Brandon – 601.992.9118
- Ridgeland on Country Line – 888 Avery Boulevard – Ridgeland – 601.952.0003
- Clinton – 400 Lindale Street – Clinton – 601.924.5812
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years