Jackson YMCAs Offer Shower Facilities
Published: January 13,2010
Showers and toilets are functioning at the YMCAs, and bottled water is available at most locations, said John Morris, marketing director for the Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi.
“We have opened our doors to anyone who needs to pop in and get themselves clean,” Morris said. Offices have received an “influx of calls” from residents inquiring about facilities, he said.
The YMCA has also assisted children and youth of Mississippi Children’s Home Services and New Horizons Ministries.
The Farish Street location is closed because it is primarily a pre-school and day care facility.
Open YMCA Locations:
- Downtown – 800 East River Place – Jackson – 601.948.3090
- Flowood – 690 Liberty Road – Flowood – 601.664.1955
- Northeast Jackson – Deville Plaza – 5062 I-55 North – Jackson – 601.709.3760
- Reservoir – 6023 Northshore Park – Brandon – 601.992.9118
- Ridgeland on Country Line – 888 Avery Boulevard – Ridgeland – 601.952.0003
- Clinton – 400 Lindale Street – Clinton – 601.924.5812
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season