Jackson YMCAs Offer Shower Facilities
by Amy McCullough
Published: January 13,2010
Showers and toilets are functioning at the YMCAs, and bottled water is available at most locations, said John Morris, marketing director for the Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi.
“We have opened our doors to anyone who needs to pop in and get themselves clean,” Morris said. Offices have received an “influx of calls” from residents inquiring about facilities, he said.
The YMCA has also assisted children and youth of Mississippi Children’s Home Services and New Horizons Ministries.
The Farish Street location is closed because it is primarily a pre-school and day care facility.
Open YMCA Locations:
- Downtown – 800 East River Place – Jackson – 601.948.3090
- Flowood - 690 Liberty Road – Flowood - 601.664.1955
- Northeast Jackson – Deville Plaza – 5062 I-55 North – Jackson – 601.709.3760
- Reservoir – 6023 Northshore Park – Brandon – 601.992.9118
- Ridgeland on Country Line – 888 Avery Boulevard – Ridgeland – 601.952.0003
- Clinton – 400 Lindale Street – Clinton – 601.924.5812
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software