Thousands feared lost following Haiti quake
The president of Haiti says that thousands may be dead after a magnitude-7 earthquake slammed the small Caribbean country on Tuesday.
Reports from the Associated Press place early death tolls between 100 and 500 thousand.
The White House has promised rescue and humanitarian efforts in response to the “cruel and incomprehensible” tragedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal