Thousands feared lost following Haiti quake
The president of Haiti says that thousands may be dead after a magnitude-7 earthquake slammed the small Caribbean country on Tuesday.
Reports from the Associated Press place early death tolls between 100 and 500 thousand.
The White House has promised rescue and humanitarian efforts in response to the “cruel and incomprehensible” tragedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month