Thousands feared lost following Haiti quake
The president of Haiti says that thousands may be dead after a magnitude-7 earthquake slammed the small Caribbean country on Tuesday.
Reports from the Associated Press place early death tolls between 100 and 500 thousand.
The White House has promised rescue and humanitarian efforts in response to the “cruel and incomprehensible” tragedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development