Thousands feared lost following Haiti quake
The president of Haiti says that thousands may be dead after a magnitude-7 earthquake slammed the small Caribbean country on Tuesday.
Reports from the Associated Press place early death tolls between 100 and 500 thousand.
The White House has promised rescue and humanitarian efforts in response to the “cruel and incomprehensible” tragedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House