Jones, Holland to direct ERDC operations
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2010
Randy Jones has been named chief of the Mobility Systems Branch in the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL) of the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg. Jones, a research civil engineer, began his ERDC career 26 years ago in GSL’s Soil and Rocks Mechanics Division.
Jones has a bachelor’s in civil engineering from Mississippi State University and a master’s in mechanical engineering from the University of Iowa. He also participated in the Secretary of the Army’s Research and Study Fellowship Program.
Past awards for Jones include multiple Special Act or Service Awards, the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service, the ERDC Award for Outstanding Achievement in Technology Transfer and the ERDC Award for Outstanding Team Effort. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 technical reports and papers and his society membership includes the Society of Automotive Engineers, the International Society of Terrain-Vehicle Systems and the American Society of Civil Engineers.
In a separate item, Dr. Jeffery P. Holland is now the director of the ERDC and the director of research and development and chief scientist for the Army Corps of Engineers.
Holland has a bachelor’s in environmental engineering from Western Kentucky University, a master’s in environmental and water resources engineering from Vanderbilt University and a doctorate in civil engineering from Colorado State University. He began his ERDC career in 1979 in the Hydraulics Laboratory, now known as the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL), and has held a myriad of leadership positions within the organization including director of ITL and technical director for Hydro Environmental Modeling and Simulation in CHL. He held the position of ERDC deputy director from Nov. 2006 until accepting his new director position.
Throughout his career, Holland has been the recipient of multiple awards and honors, including the SES Meritorious Presidential Rank Award, the Army Research and Development Achievement Award, the Army Bronze Order of de Fleury Medal and the Federal Laboratory Consortium Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer. He has authored or co-authored more than 100 publications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal