Keeping Our Eye On: Lauren Parkin
by Stephen McDill
Published: January 18,2010
Education: BS in business administration (marketing), Mississippi College
Current Position: Director of Education and Communication, Independent Insurance Agents of Mississippi
Parkin, a lifelong resident of Mississippi, started working for Independent Insurance Agents of Mississippi (IIAM) straight out of college. As their education and communications director, she says that her job encompasses, “the things I enjoy most… art, writing and politics, as well as, my marketing degree.”
“The IIAM has over 270 member agencies located throughout the state,” Parkin says. “We provide services such as education, communication, lobbying and networking events to our members.”
Parkin says that she never has two days that are the same from setting up continuing education classes to working on the association’s magazine, Mississippi Agent. Before her days at IIAM, she served as a campaign worker for John Bell Crosby For Supervisor in Madison and also interned for Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler.
While an undergraduate at Mississippi College, Parkin was a member of the National Honors Society, Who’s Who, Mortar Board and was a secretary/treasurer for Alpha Lambda Delta. She was also News Editor of The Mississippi Collegian. Parkin attends First Baptist Church in Jackson.
Mississippi’s best-kept secret: Our generous people who are always giving of their time and money.
Must-have Mississippi food: The cheesecake and chocolate and strawberries at the Strawberry Café in Madison.
Favorite hangout: My apartment with friends.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On: Lauren Parkin”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi