TVA exceeds economic development goal
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that its economic development efforts produced $4.2 billion in capital investments across the Tennessee Valley, exceeding the utility’s goal of $3 billion for fiscal year 2009. TVA also helped retain and attract nearly 26,000 jobs over that period, which ended Sept. 30, 2009. TVA senior vice president for economic development John Bradley said, “TVA is always looking for strategic initiatives to support regional, state and local economic development partners in their efforts to create and retain jobs and investments.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy