TVA exceeds economic development goal
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that its economic development efforts produced $4.2 billion in capital investments across the Tennessee Valley, exceeding the utility’s goal of $3 billion for fiscal year 2009. TVA also helped retain and attract nearly 26,000 jobs over that period, which ended Sept. 30, 2009. TVA senior vice president for economic development John Bradley said, “TVA is always looking for strategic initiatives to support regional, state and local economic development partners in their efforts to create and retain jobs and investments.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love