AirTran signs Oher as endorser
Published: January 19,2010
AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings Inc. has signed former Ole Miss and current Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Michael Oher as an endorser of the airline. He will be featured in advertising across the Baltimore area where AirTran is headquartered.
“Michael Oher – a star on and off the field – is a true inspiration that we’re happy to have onboard the AirTran Airways team,” said Tad Hutcheson, vice president of marketing and sales for AirTran Airways. “Oher’s dedication to excellence is an attribute that our AirTran Airways Crew Members also embody.”
Oher joins Ravens teammate Todd Heap and several high-profile sports endorsers on the AirTran Airways’ roster, including quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Donovan McNabb; hockey stars Ilya Kovalchuk and Kari Lehtonen; baseball All-Star Ryan Braun; pitcher Tom Glavine; basketball All-Star Dwight Howard and racecar driver Danica Patrick.
“I am so happy to join the AirTran Airways team,” said Oher. “They have been great partners with the Ravens and my teammate Todd Heap and they’re also very involved in the communities they serve. I look forward to a long and successful partnership with them.”
Oher was a first round draft choice of the Ravens in the 2009 NFL Draft. His life inspired the 2006 book “The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game” and the 2009 motion picture “The Blind Side” starring Sandra Bullock.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics