AirTran signs Oher as endorser
Published: January 19,2010
AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings Inc. has signed former Ole Miss and current Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Michael Oher as an endorser of the airline. He will be featured in advertising across the Baltimore area where AirTran is headquartered.
“Michael Oher – a star on and off the field – is a true inspiration that we’re happy to have onboard the AirTran Airways team,” said Tad Hutcheson, vice president of marketing and sales for AirTran Airways. “Oher’s dedication to excellence is an attribute that our AirTran Airways Crew Members also embody.”
Oher joins Ravens teammate Todd Heap and several high-profile sports endorsers on the AirTran Airways’ roster, including quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Donovan McNabb; hockey stars Ilya Kovalchuk and Kari Lehtonen; baseball All-Star Ryan Braun; pitcher Tom Glavine; basketball All-Star Dwight Howard and racecar driver Danica Patrick.
“I am so happy to join the AirTran Airways team,” said Oher. “They have been great partners with the Ravens and my teammate Todd Heap and they’re also very involved in the communities they serve. I look forward to a long and successful partnership with them.”
Oher was a first round draft choice of the Ravens in the 2009 NFL Draft. His life inspired the 2006 book “The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game” and the 2009 motion picture “The Blind Side” starring Sandra Bullock.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)