Canada holds interest rate
TORONTO, Canada — Canada’s central bank is holding its key interest rate at a record low 0.25 percent and is reiterating its expectation that it will keep the rate there until the middle of this year.
The Bank of Canada said today that while a global economic recovery is under way it continues to depend on exceptional monetary and fiscal stimulus, as well as extraordinary measures taken to support financial systems.
The rate decision was expected.
The bank also says the persistent strength of the Canadian dollar and low U.S. demand for Canadian exports continue to act as significant drags on economic activity in Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'