Canada holds interest rate
TORONTO, Canada — Canada’s central bank is holding its key interest rate at a record low 0.25 percent and is reiterating its expectation that it will keep the rate there until the middle of this year.
The Bank of Canada said today that while a global economic recovery is under way it continues to depend on exceptional monetary and fiscal stimulus, as well as extraordinary measures taken to support financial systems.
The rate decision was expected.
The bank also says the persistent strength of the Canadian dollar and low U.S. demand for Canadian exports continue to act as significant drags on economic activity in Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations