Canada holds interest rate
TORONTO, Canada — Canada’s central bank is holding its key interest rate at a record low 0.25 percent and is reiterating its expectation that it will keep the rate there until the middle of this year.
The Bank of Canada said today that while a global economic recovery is under way it continues to depend on exceptional monetary and fiscal stimulus, as well as extraordinary measures taken to support financial systems.
The rate decision was expected.
The bank also says the persistent strength of the Canadian dollar and low U.S. demand for Canadian exports continue to act as significant drags on economic activity in Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location