Debris in bay raises concerns
OCEAN SPRINGS — Some Ocean Springs residents are concerned about a mess below the new Biloxi Bay Bridge, according to The Associated Press. They tell WLOX television that when the tide recedes, debris left over from the old bridge emerges, exposing an unsightly and dangerous problem.
The Ocean Springs Yacht Club has posted a sign on the beach warning of debris. Yacht Club commodore Barney Banks says club members have also removed some debris themselves, and even hired a private contractor to remove some.
The problem also caught the attention of Jackson County District 5 Supervisor John McKay. He plans to ask the Jackson County Board Jan. 19 to help clean up the mess.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill