Debris in bay raises concerns
OCEAN SPRINGS — Some Ocean Springs residents are concerned about a mess below the new Biloxi Bay Bridge, according to The Associated Press. They tell WLOX television that when the tide recedes, debris left over from the old bridge emerges, exposing an unsightly and dangerous problem.
The Ocean Springs Yacht Club has posted a sign on the beach warning of debris. Yacht Club commodore Barney Banks says club members have also removed some debris themselves, and even hired a private contractor to remove some.
The problem also caught the attention of Jackson County District 5 Supervisor John McKay. He plans to ask the Jackson County Board Jan. 19 to help clean up the mess.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House