Debris in bay raises concerns
OCEAN SPRINGS — Some Ocean Springs residents are concerned about a mess below the new Biloxi Bay Bridge, according to The Associated Press. They tell WLOX television that when the tide recedes, debris left over from the old bridge emerges, exposing an unsightly and dangerous problem.
The Ocean Springs Yacht Club has posted a sign on the beach warning of debris. Yacht Club commodore Barney Banks says club members have also removed some debris themselves, and even hired a private contractor to remove some.
The problem also caught the attention of Jackson County District 5 Supervisor John McKay. He plans to ask the Jackson County Board Jan. 19 to help clean up the mess.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast