Debris in bay raises concerns
OCEAN SPRINGS — Some Ocean Springs residents are concerned about a mess below the new Biloxi Bay Bridge, according to The Associated Press. They tell WLOX television that when the tide recedes, debris left over from the old bridge emerges, exposing an unsightly and dangerous problem.
The Ocean Springs Yacht Club has posted a sign on the beach warning of debris. Yacht Club commodore Barney Banks says club members have also removed some debris themselves, and even hired a private contractor to remove some.
The problem also caught the attention of Jackson County District 5 Supervisor John McKay. He plans to ask the Jackson County Board Jan. 19 to help clean up the mess.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip