Debris in bay raises concerns
OCEAN SPRINGS — Some Ocean Springs residents are concerned about a mess below the new Biloxi Bay Bridge, according to The Associated Press. They tell WLOX television that when the tide recedes, debris left over from the old bridge emerges, exposing an unsightly and dangerous problem.
The Ocean Springs Yacht Club has posted a sign on the beach warning of debris. Yacht Club commodore Barney Banks says club members have also removed some debris themselves, and even hired a private contractor to remove some.
The problem also caught the attention of Jackson County District 5 Supervisor John McKay. He plans to ask the Jackson County Board Jan. 19 to help clean up the mess.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal