Disaster loan deadline nears
by Wally Northway
Published: January 19,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is reminding eligible private non-profit organizations (PNPs) of the Feb. 12 deadline to submit disaster loan applications for economic injury caused by severe storms, flooding and tornadoes that occurred from March 25-28, 2009.
PNP) located in the counties of Amite, Greene, Jackson, Jefferson Davis, Lawrence, Lincoln, Simpson, Stone, Walthall, Wayne and Wilkinson are eligible to apply to SBA. Eligible PNPs are those that provide non-critical services such as food kitchens, homeless shelters, museums, libraries, community centers, schools and colleges.
The SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans to help meet working capital needs, such as ongoing operating expenses for PNP organizations of all sizes. Economic Injury Disaster Loan assistance is available regardless of whether the business suffered any physical property damage.
Disaster loan information and application forms may be obtained by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-659-2955 (1-800-877-8339 for the hearing-impaired), or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be downloaded from www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Completed applications should be mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions