Granite to take out old river bridge
Published: January 19,2010
GREENVILLE — According to Granite Construction Inc., Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4-million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 bridge over the Mississippi River at Greenville.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in Sept. 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders