Granite to take out old river bridge
Published: January 19,2010
GREENVILLE — According to Granite Construction Inc., Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4-million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 bridge over the Mississippi River at Greenville.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in Sept. 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal