Granite to take out old river bridge
Published: January 19,2010
GREENVILLE — According to Granite Construction Inc., Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4-million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 bridge over the Mississippi River at Greenville.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in Sept. 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant