Granite to take out old river bridge
Published: January 19,2010
GREENVILLE — According to Granite Construction Inc., Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4-million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 bridge over the Mississippi River at Greenville.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in Sept. 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image