Granite to take out old river bridge
Published: January 19,2010
GREENVILLE — According to Granite Construction Inc., Granite Construction Company has been awarded a $22.4-million contract by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) for the demolition of the U.S. 82 bridge over the Mississippi River at Greenville.
The scope of the project includes demolition and removal of the 2.25-mile steel through-truss bridge that spans the Mississippi River. Granite will also perform grading and asphalt paving for the roadway leading to the new U.S. 82 bridge completed by MDOT earlier this year.
Work is estimated to begin in March 2010 and be fully completed in Sept. 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history