New healthcare publication to be released
STARKVILLE — A new publication offering information on access to healthcare in Mississippi’s 82 counties will be released this month by a research center based at Mississippi State University (MSU).
“Listening to Mississippi’s Needs: Assessing Our Health Workforce 2010″ was published by the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, located at MSU’s Social Science Research Center.
Lynne Cossman, an associate professor of sociology at MSU and principle investigator for the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, said the annual assessment, scheduled for release Jan. 26, compares data of different counties in categories such as physician-patient ratios, population demographics, insurance rates and admissions to hospitals, among other information.
Cossman said this publication is designed as a reference guide for healthcare planners, providers and others associated with this field in the Magnolia State.
Cossman and others at the Social Science Research Center joined with colleagues in MSU’s sociology department to compile data for the book.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast