New healthcare publication to be released
STARKVILLE — A new publication offering information on access to healthcare in Mississippi’s 82 counties will be released this month by a research center based at Mississippi State University (MSU).
“Listening to Mississippi’s Needs: Assessing Our Health Workforce 2010″ was published by the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, located at MSU’s Social Science Research Center.
Lynne Cossman, an associate professor of sociology at MSU and principle investigator for the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, said the annual assessment, scheduled for release Jan. 26, compares data of different counties in categories such as physician-patient ratios, population demographics, insurance rates and admissions to hospitals, among other information.
Cossman said this publication is designed as a reference guide for healthcare planners, providers and others associated with this field in the Magnolia State.
Cossman and others at the Social Science Research Center joined with colleagues in MSU’s sociology department to compile data for the book.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency