New healthcare publication to be released
STARKVILLE — A new publication offering information on access to healthcare in Mississippi’s 82 counties will be released this month by a research center based at Mississippi State University (MSU).
“Listening to Mississippi’s Needs: Assessing Our Health Workforce 2010″ was published by the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, located at MSU’s Social Science Research Center.
Lynne Cossman, an associate professor of sociology at MSU and principle investigator for the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, said the annual assessment, scheduled for release Jan. 26, compares data of different counties in categories such as physician-patient ratios, population demographics, insurance rates and admissions to hospitals, among other information.
Cossman said this publication is designed as a reference guide for healthcare planners, providers and others associated with this field in the Magnolia State.
Cossman and others at the Social Science Research Center joined with colleagues in MSU’s sociology department to compile data for the book.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Baker Donelson recognized
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- Coyotes are wily predators and pests in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur