New healthcare publication to be released
STARKVILLE — A new publication offering information on access to healthcare in Mississippi’s 82 counties will be released this month by a research center based at Mississippi State University (MSU).
“Listening to Mississippi’s Needs: Assessing Our Health Workforce 2010″ was published by the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, located at MSU’s Social Science Research Center.
Lynne Cossman, an associate professor of sociology at MSU and principle investigator for the Mississippi Center for Health Workforce, said the annual assessment, scheduled for release Jan. 26, compares data of different counties in categories such as physician-patient ratios, population demographics, insurance rates and admissions to hospitals, among other information.
Cossman said this publication is designed as a reference guide for healthcare planners, providers and others associated with this field in the Magnolia State.
Cossman and others at the Social Science Research Center joined with colleagues in MSU’s sociology department to compile data for the book.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger