Cotton prices take tumble
NEW YORK — Cotton futures No. 2 closed $1.75 to $2.30 a bale lower Tuesday.
The average price for strict low middling 1 & 1-16 inch spot cotton declined 32 points to 65.67 cents a pound Tuesday for the seven markets, according to the Market News Branch, Memphis USDA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones