Cotton prices take tumble
NEW YORK — Cotton futures No. 2 closed $1.75 to $2.30 a bale lower Tuesday.
The average price for strict low middling 1 & 1-16 inch spot cotton declined 32 points to 65.67 cents a pound Tuesday for the seven markets, according to the Market News Branch, Memphis USDA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs