Cotton prices take tumble
NEW YORK — Cotton futures No. 2 closed $1.75 to $2.30 a bale lower Tuesday.
The average price for strict low middling 1 & 1-16 inch spot cotton declined 32 points to 65.67 cents a pound Tuesday for the seven markets, according to the Market News Branch, Memphis USDA.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M