DMR to hold public meeting on pathway
Published: January 20,2010
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) will hold a public hearing on an application filed by the City of Ocean Springs requesting authorization for the construction of a pedestrian pathway adjacent to East Beach Drive. The public hearing will be held Feb. 3 at 6 p.m. at the Bolton Building in Biloxi.
The City of Ocean Springs is proposing to construct a pedestrian pathway 3,470 feet in length and 6.5 feet in width adjacent to East Beach Drive. The applicant will be required to request a variance from Chapter VIII, Section 2, Part III.O.1, which states that “permanent filling of coastal wetlands because of potential adverse and cumulative environmental impacts is discouraged.”
In compliance with the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, the applicant will request certification from the Office of Pollution Control that the above mentioned activity will be in compliance with applicable provisions of Section 301 (33 U.S.C. 1311), Section 302 (33 U.S.C. 1312), Section 303 (U.S.C. 1313), Section 306 (U.S.C. 1316), and Section 307 (U.S.C. 1317) of the Act and appropriate requirements of the State Law.
Anyone wishing to make comments or objections to the proposed regulated activity must submit those comments in writing to the Department of Marine Resources at 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi MS 39530, and to the Office of Pollution Control, P.O. Box 2261, Jackson MS 39225-2261, before 1 p.m. Jan. 26, or at the public hearing Feb. 3.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR to hold public meeting on pathway”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino