Fox commentator may run for Congress
OXFORD — “Fox News” commentator Angela McGlowan says she will announce in February whether she is running for a North Mississippi U.S. House seat held by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports McGlowan said at a Tupelo business luncheon Jan. 19 that an announcement would come after her contract with Fox expires.
McGlowan, an Oxford native, is a conservative and has spoken at several Tea Party rallies in Mississippi.
If she runs as a Republican, she would compete in a primary with state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo, who’s been campaigning for months. Eupora Mayor Henry Ross has also said he might run as a Republican.
Childers, of Booneville, won a special election in mid-2008 after Republican Roger Wicker moved to the U.S. Senate. Childers won a two-year term in Nov. 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center