Fox commentator may run for Congress
OXFORD — “Fox News” commentator Angela McGlowan says she will announce in February whether she is running for a North Mississippi U.S. House seat held by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports McGlowan said at a Tupelo business luncheon Jan. 19 that an announcement would come after her contract with Fox expires.
McGlowan, an Oxford native, is a conservative and has spoken at several Tea Party rallies in Mississippi.
If she runs as a Republican, she would compete in a primary with state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo, who’s been campaigning for months. Eupora Mayor Henry Ross has also said he might run as a Republican.
Childers, of Booneville, won a special election in mid-2008 after Republican Roger Wicker moved to the U.S. Senate. Childers won a two-year term in Nov. 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge