Fox commentator may run for Congress
OXFORD — “Fox News” commentator Angela McGlowan says she will announce in February whether she is running for a North Mississippi U.S. House seat held by Democrat Travis Childers.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports McGlowan said at a Tupelo business luncheon Jan. 19 that an announcement would come after her contract with Fox expires.
McGlowan, an Oxford native, is a conservative and has spoken at several Tea Party rallies in Mississippi.
If she runs as a Republican, she would compete in a primary with state Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo, who’s been campaigning for months. Eupora Mayor Henry Ross has also said he might run as a Republican.
Childers, of Booneville, won a special election in mid-2008 after Republican Roger Wicker moved to the U.S. Senate. Childers won a two-year term in Nov. 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters