Plant explosion injures workers
GUNTOWN — Authorities say a plant explosion in Lee County has injured three workers.
Lee County Chief Deputy Sheriff John Hall says the explosion happened about 2:26 p.m. Jan. 19 as workers were cleaning a machine at Columbian Rope Co. in Guntown.
Hall says one person was airlifted from the scene to the North Mississippi Medical Center, and another had extensive injuries. Hall said the third worker suffered a ruptured ear drum.
Hall said a preliminary investigation shows the explosion was an accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force