Plant explosion injures workers
GUNTOWN — Authorities say a plant explosion in Lee County has injured three workers.
Lee County Chief Deputy Sheriff John Hall says the explosion happened about 2:26 p.m. Jan. 19 as workers were cleaning a machine at Columbian Rope Co. in Guntown.
Hall says one person was airlifted from the scene to the North Mississippi Medical Center, and another had extensive injuries. Hall said the third worker suffered a ruptured ear drum.
Hall said a preliminary investigation shows the explosion was an accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'