Plant explosion injures workers
GUNTOWN — Authorities say a plant explosion in Lee County has injured three workers.
Lee County Chief Deputy Sheriff John Hall says the explosion happened about 2:26 p.m. Jan. 19 as workers were cleaning a machine at Columbian Rope Co. in Guntown.
Hall says one person was airlifted from the scene to the North Mississippi Medical Center, and another had extensive injuries. Hall said the third worker suffered a ruptured ear drum.
Hall said a preliminary investigation shows the explosion was an accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so