Plant explosion injures workers
GUNTOWN — Authorities say a plant explosion in Lee County has injured three workers.
Lee County Chief Deputy Sheriff John Hall says the explosion happened about 2:26 p.m. Jan. 19 as workers were cleaning a machine at Columbian Rope Co. in Guntown.
Hall says one person was airlifted from the scene to the North Mississippi Medical Center, and another had extensive injuries. Hall said the third worker suffered a ruptured ear drum.
Hall said a preliminary investigation shows the explosion was an accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies