Plant explosion injures workers
GUNTOWN — Authorities say a plant explosion in Lee County has injured three workers.
Lee County Chief Deputy Sheriff John Hall says the explosion happened about 2:26 p.m. Jan. 19 as workers were cleaning a machine at Columbian Rope Co. in Guntown.
Hall says one person was airlifted from the scene to the North Mississippi Medical Center, and another had extensive injuries. Hall said the third worker suffered a ruptured ear drum.
Hall said a preliminary investigation shows the explosion was an accident.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities