Public to weigh in on proposed harbor
According to The Associated Press, Mayor Les Fillingame says the harbor will be fully funded with state and federal money.
Plans call for a marina, restoration and relocation of a pier and a public waterfront parking lot.
Officials tell the Sun Herald that the harbor is being permitted for 194 slips with the ability to go to 208.
Officials say although the harbor will be open to commercial fishermen, it won’t be set up as a working commercial harbor.
The project must be approved by a number of state and federal agencies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions