Diver’s D/Lyte gets ‘seed’ funds
RIDGELAND — Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) president and CEO Tony Jeff announced that Diver’s D\Lyte is latest the recipient of a $10,000 Proof of Concept award from the Mississippi Seed Fund.
Diver’s D\Lyte is a Ridgeland-based start-up company that developed a proprietary performance energy drink that protects scuba divers from decompression sickness. Diver’s D\Lyte used the funds to demonstrate the product during the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association international trade show in November. Samples of the product were distributed in powder form during the show that attracts more than 10,000 attendees.
“Early-stage capital is essential to the success of innovative start-up companies like Diver’s D\Lyte,” said Jeff. “Diver’s D\Lyte has a unique product that enhances the scuba diving experience and this award will help the company advance to the next level in its development.”
Diver’s D\Lyte managing director John Dooley said the award opened doors for his company to network with the retailers who will sell his product. “This shows that if you have an idea and are willing to work on it and follow the state’s ideas through MTA, they are going to work with you and help you bring it to reality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center