Diver’s D/Lyte gets ‘seed’ funds
RIDGELAND — Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) president and CEO Tony Jeff announced that Diver’s D\Lyte is latest the recipient of a $10,000 Proof of Concept award from the Mississippi Seed Fund.
Diver’s D\Lyte is a Ridgeland-based start-up company that developed a proprietary performance energy drink that protects scuba divers from decompression sickness. Diver’s D\Lyte used the funds to demonstrate the product during the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association international trade show in November. Samples of the product were distributed in powder form during the show that attracts more than 10,000 attendees.
“Early-stage capital is essential to the success of innovative start-up companies like Diver’s D\Lyte,” said Jeff. “Diver’s D\Lyte has a unique product that enhances the scuba diving experience and this award will help the company advance to the next level in its development.”
Diver’s D\Lyte managing director John Dooley said the award opened doors for his company to network with the retailers who will sell his product. “This shows that if you have an idea and are willing to work on it and follow the state’s ideas through MTA, they are going to work with you and help you bring it to reality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill