Diver’s D/Lyte gets ‘seed’ funds
RIDGELAND — Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) president and CEO Tony Jeff announced that Diver’s D\Lyte is latest the recipient of a $10,000 Proof of Concept award from the Mississippi Seed Fund.
Diver’s D\Lyte is a Ridgeland-based start-up company that developed a proprietary performance energy drink that protects scuba divers from decompression sickness. Diver’s D\Lyte used the funds to demonstrate the product during the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association international trade show in November. Samples of the product were distributed in powder form during the show that attracts more than 10,000 attendees.
“Early-stage capital is essential to the success of innovative start-up companies like Diver’s D\Lyte,” said Jeff. “Diver’s D\Lyte has a unique product that enhances the scuba diving experience and this award will help the company advance to the next level in its development.”
Diver’s D\Lyte managing director John Dooley said the award opened doors for his company to network with the retailers who will sell his product. “This shows that if you have an idea and are willing to work on it and follow the state’s ideas through MTA, they are going to work with you and help you bring it to reality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion