Diver’s D/Lyte gets ‘seed’ funds
RIDGELAND — Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) president and CEO Tony Jeff announced that Diver’s D\Lyte is latest the recipient of a $10,000 Proof of Concept award from the Mississippi Seed Fund.
Diver’s D\Lyte is a Ridgeland-based start-up company that developed a proprietary performance energy drink that protects scuba divers from decompression sickness. Diver’s D\Lyte used the funds to demonstrate the product during the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association international trade show in November. Samples of the product were distributed in powder form during the show that attracts more than 10,000 attendees.
“Early-stage capital is essential to the success of innovative start-up companies like Diver’s D\Lyte,” said Jeff. “Diver’s D\Lyte has a unique product that enhances the scuba diving experience and this award will help the company advance to the next level in its development.”
Diver’s D\Lyte managing director John Dooley said the award opened doors for his company to network with the retailers who will sell his product. “This shows that if you have an idea and are willing to work on it and follow the state’s ideas through MTA, they are going to work with you and help you bring it to reality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign