Diver’s D/Lyte gets ‘seed’ funds
RIDGELAND — Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) president and CEO Tony Jeff announced that Diver’s D\Lyte is latest the recipient of a $10,000 Proof of Concept award from the Mississippi Seed Fund.
Diver’s D\Lyte is a Ridgeland-based start-up company that developed a proprietary performance energy drink that protects scuba divers from decompression sickness. Diver’s D\Lyte used the funds to demonstrate the product during the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association international trade show in November. Samples of the product were distributed in powder form during the show that attracts more than 10,000 attendees.
“Early-stage capital is essential to the success of innovative start-up companies like Diver’s D\Lyte,” said Jeff. “Diver’s D\Lyte has a unique product that enhances the scuba diving experience and this award will help the company advance to the next level in its development.”
Diver’s D\Lyte managing director John Dooley said the award opened doors for his company to network with the retailers who will sell his product. “This shows that if you have an idea and are willing to work on it and follow the state’s ideas through MTA, they are going to work with you and help you bring it to reality.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones