Viking strikes deal with LG
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation and LG Electronics Inc. have entered into a strategic alliance. Areas for collaboration include product cross-sourcing and joint procurement opportunities and shared R&D and service resources as well as expanded distribution.
Under the agreement, LG plans to reach more U.S. consumers as Viking U.S. distributors will have the opportunity to carry premium LG appliances. This specialized distribution channel will complement LG’s existing U.S. network of national and regional appliance dealers. Viking plans to increase its international distribution, particularly in the rapidly expanding Asia/Pacific markets through its alliance with LG.
Fred Carl Jr., CEO of Viking Range, said, “Teaming with LG will give our loyal distributors new growth opportunities while allowing Viking to work with one of the strongest global brands and technology leaders in home appliances. We look forward to this mutually beneficial relationship, including future opportunities for product development collaboration.”
It is anticipated that Viking distributors will begin offering LG appliances beginning in the second quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday