Viking strikes deal with LG
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation and LG Electronics Inc. have entered into a strategic alliance. Areas for collaboration include product cross-sourcing and joint procurement opportunities and shared R&D and service resources as well as expanded distribution.
Under the agreement, LG plans to reach more U.S. consumers as Viking U.S. distributors will have the opportunity to carry premium LG appliances. This specialized distribution channel will complement LG’s existing U.S. network of national and regional appliance dealers. Viking plans to increase its international distribution, particularly in the rapidly expanding Asia/Pacific markets through its alliance with LG.
Fred Carl Jr., CEO of Viking Range, said, “Teaming with LG will give our loyal distributors new growth opportunities while allowing Viking to work with one of the strongest global brands and technology leaders in home appliances. We look forward to this mutually beneficial relationship, including future opportunities for product development collaboration.”
It is anticipated that Viking distributors will begin offering LG appliances beginning in the second quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary