Viking strikes deal with LG
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation and LG Electronics Inc. have entered into a strategic alliance. Areas for collaboration include product cross-sourcing and joint procurement opportunities and shared R&D and service resources as well as expanded distribution.
Under the agreement, LG plans to reach more U.S. consumers as Viking U.S. distributors will have the opportunity to carry premium LG appliances. This specialized distribution channel will complement LG’s existing U.S. network of national and regional appliance dealers. Viking plans to increase its international distribution, particularly in the rapidly expanding Asia/Pacific markets through its alliance with LG.
Fred Carl Jr., CEO of Viking Range, said, “Teaming with LG will give our loyal distributors new growth opportunities while allowing Viking to work with one of the strongest global brands and technology leaders in home appliances. We look forward to this mutually beneficial relationship, including future opportunities for product development collaboration.”
It is anticipated that Viking distributors will begin offering LG appliances beginning in the second quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency