Viking strikes deal with LG
by Wally Northway
Published: January 21,2010
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation and LG Electronics Inc. have entered into a strategic alliance. Areas for collaboration include product cross-sourcing and joint procurement opportunities and shared R&D and service resources as well as expanded distribution.
Under the agreement, LG plans to reach more U.S. consumers as Viking U.S. distributors will have the opportunity to carry premium LG appliances. This specialized distribution channel will complement LG’s existing U.S. network of national and regional appliance dealers. Viking plans to increase its international distribution, particularly in the rapidly expanding Asia/Pacific markets through its alliance with LG.
Fred Carl Jr., CEO of Viking Range, said, “Teaming with LG will give our loyal distributors new growth opportunities while allowing Viking to work with one of the strongest global brands and technology leaders in home appliances. We look forward to this mutually beneficial relationship, including future opportunities for product development collaboration.”
It is anticipated that Viking distributors will begin offering LG appliances beginning in the second quarter of 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development