Alabama company buys sawmill
Published: January 25,2010
Great Southern Wood Preserving Inc. (GSWP) of Abbeville, Ala., announced that it had completed the acquisition this week. The company will produce its YellaWood pressure-treated lumber at the site.
The company has said it intends to hire 15-20 employees and begin shipping treated lumber from Brookhaven by Feb. 1.
The Brookhaven facility would be GSWP’s 11th wood treatment plant.
GSWP produces pressure-treated pine for decks, fences and landscaping projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison