Alabama company buys sawmill
Published: January 25,2010
Great Southern Wood Preserving Inc. (GSWP) of Abbeville, Ala., announced that it had completed the acquisition this week. The company will produce its YellaWood pressure-treated lumber at the site.
The company has said it intends to hire 15-20 employees and begin shipping treated lumber from Brookhaven by Feb. 1.
The Brookhaven facility would be GSWP’s 11th wood treatment plant.
GSWP produces pressure-treated pine for decks, fences and landscaping projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus