Alabama company buys sawmill
Published: January 25,2010
Great Southern Wood Preserving Inc. (GSWP) of Abbeville, Ala., announced that it had completed the acquisition this week. The company will produce its YellaWood pressure-treated lumber at the site.
The company has said it intends to hire 15-20 employees and begin shipping treated lumber from Brookhaven by Feb. 1.
The Brookhaven facility would be GSWP’s 11th wood treatment plant.
GSWP produces pressure-treated pine for decks, fences and landscaping projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training