Alabama company buys sawmill
by Associated Press
Published: January 25,2010
Great Southern Wood Preserving Inc. (GSWP) of Abbeville, Ala., announced that it had completed the acquisition this week. The company will produce its YellaWood pressure-treated lumber at the site.
The company has said it intends to hire 15-20 employees and begin shipping treated lumber from Brookhaven by Feb. 1.
The Brookhaven facility would be GSWP’s 11th wood treatment plant.
GSWP produces pressure-treated pine for decks, fences and landscaping projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues