Alabama company buys sawmill
Published: January 25,2010
Great Southern Wood Preserving Inc. (GSWP) of Abbeville, Ala., announced that it had completed the acquisition this week. The company will produce its YellaWood pressure-treated lumber at the site.
The company has said it intends to hire 15-20 employees and begin shipping treated lumber from Brookhaven by Feb. 1.
The Brookhaven facility would be GSWP’s 11th wood treatment plant.
GSWP produces pressure-treated pine for decks, fences and landscaping projects.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62