General Dynamics making more armor tiles
MCHENRY — General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products has been awarded an order of approximately $33 million to produce reactive armor tile sets for the Bradley Fighting Vehicle by the U.S. Army Contracting Command in Picatinny Arsenal, N.J.
Deliveries are expected to begin in June 2010. Work will be performed at the General Dynamics’ facility in McHenry, and deliveries are expected to be completed in Nov. 2010.
The order is an extension of a contract awarded in 2006. A strategic partner, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., Ordnance and Protection Division, will share the production workload in Haifa, Israel.
“Our reactive armor package is a light-weight solution that can defeat full-scale, shape-charge threats of modern, long-range anti-tank missiles,” said Russ Klein, vice president and general manager of weapon systems for General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products. “Our team in McHenry is proud to produce reactive armor tiles that save lives and prevent severe damage to combat vehicles in Iraq.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case