Jeff named to lead MTA
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2010
The Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) board of directors chair Jan Farrington announced that Tony Jeff has been selected as the organization’s new president and CEO.
Jeff previously served as vice president and chief operating officer and director of MTA’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship where he coordinated MTA’s efforts to help entrepreneurs bring their innovations successfully to market. He coached more than 300 entrepreneurial ventures and consulted with companies that successfully raised more than $100 million in private equity financing. Jeff also previously served as director of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi in his nearly eight years at MTA.
Jeff earned a bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University and his MBA and master’s of engineering degrees from Northwestern University through the Masters of Management and Manufacturing Program. He is married to Dr. Sheila Kalka Jeff, a family medicine physician. They reside in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program