Jeff named to lead MTA
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 25,2010
The Mississippi Technology Alliance (MTA) board of directors chair Jan Farrington announced that Tony Jeff has been selected as the organization’s new president and CEO.
Jeff previously served as vice president and chief operating officer and director of MTA’s Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship where he coordinated MTA’s efforts to help entrepreneurs bring their innovations successfully to market. He coached more than 300 entrepreneurial ventures and consulted with companies that successfully raised more than $100 million in private equity financing. Jeff also previously served as director of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi in his nearly eight years at MTA.
Jeff earned a bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University and his MBA and master’s of engineering degrees from Northwestern University through the Masters of Management and Manufacturing Program. He is married to Dr. Sheila Kalka Jeff, a family medicine physician. They reside in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015