Judge throws out discrimination lawsuit
GREENWOOD — A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit against Greenwood Leflore Hospital and Leflore County Supervisor Robert Moore.
U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock said yesterday there was not enough evidence to connect Moore to the hospital board’s decision to fire George Dulin, the longtime white attorney for the hospital.
The 84-year-old Dulin tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that he plans to appeal Aycock’s decision to the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
Moore had advocated at an Aug. 2005 Greenwood Voters League meeting that Dulin be replaced with a black attorney. A year later, Dulin was fired and eventually replaced by a black attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building