Judge throws out discrimination lawsuit
GREENWOOD — A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit against Greenwood Leflore Hospital and Leflore County Supervisor Robert Moore.
U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock said yesterday there was not enough evidence to connect Moore to the hospital board’s decision to fire George Dulin, the longtime white attorney for the hospital.
The 84-year-old Dulin tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that he plans to appeal Aycock’s decision to the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
Moore had advocated at an Aug. 2005 Greenwood Voters League meeting that Dulin be replaced with a black attorney. A year later, Dulin was fired and eventually replaced by a black attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)