Judge throws out discrimination lawsuit
GREENWOOD — A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit against Greenwood Leflore Hospital and Leflore County Supervisor Robert Moore.
U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock said yesterday there was not enough evidence to connect Moore to the hospital board’s decision to fire George Dulin, the longtime white attorney for the hospital.
The 84-year-old Dulin tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that he plans to appeal Aycock’s decision to the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
Moore had advocated at an Aug. 2005 Greenwood Voters League meeting that Dulin be replaced with a black attorney. A year later, Dulin was fired and eventually replaced by a black attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge