Judge throws out discrimination lawsuit
GREENWOOD — A federal judge has dismissed a discrimination lawsuit against Greenwood Leflore Hospital and Leflore County Supervisor Robert Moore.
U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock said yesterday there was not enough evidence to connect Moore to the hospital board’s decision to fire George Dulin, the longtime white attorney for the hospital.
The 84-year-old Dulin tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that he plans to appeal Aycock’s decision to the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
Moore had advocated at an Aug. 2005 Greenwood Voters League meeting that Dulin be replaced with a black attorney. A year later, Dulin was fired and eventually replaced by a black attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue