Beach Boulevard repairs nearly complete
by Wally Northway
Published: January 26,2010
BAY ST. LOUIS — According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), work to permanently reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis is nearing completion, with finishing touches and striping to be completed next week. A ribbon cutting is scheduled Feb. 15 at noon on Main Street at Beach Boulevard in front of the Hancock Bank.
Beach Boulevard was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Since that time the roadway has been open with a temporary limestone surfacing treatment while the city has worked to do local utility and road work.
The project, which includes roadway reconstruction and utility installation, was awarded to Hemphill Construction Company Inc. of Florence for $5.97 million. Work on the 1.2-mile stretch of roadway at Ballentine Street, continuing toward U.S. 90, started in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip