Beach Boulevard repairs nearly complete
Published: January 26,2010
BAY ST. LOUIS — According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), work to permanently reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis is nearing completion, with finishing touches and striping to be completed next week. A ribbon cutting is scheduled Feb. 15 at noon on Main Street at Beach Boulevard in front of the Hancock Bank.
Beach Boulevard was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Since that time the roadway has been open with a temporary limestone surfacing treatment while the city has worked to do local utility and road work.
The project, which includes roadway reconstruction and utility installation, was awarded to Hemphill Construction Company Inc. of Florence for $5.97 million. Work on the 1.2-mile stretch of roadway at Ballentine Street, continuing toward U.S. 90, started in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss