Beach Boulevard repairs nearly complete
Published: January 26,2010
BAY ST. LOUIS — According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), work to permanently reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis is nearing completion, with finishing touches and striping to be completed next week. A ribbon cutting is scheduled Feb. 15 at noon on Main Street at Beach Boulevard in front of the Hancock Bank.
Beach Boulevard was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Since that time the roadway has been open with a temporary limestone surfacing treatment while the city has worked to do local utility and road work.
The project, which includes roadway reconstruction and utility installation, was awarded to Hemphill Construction Company Inc. of Florence for $5.97 million. Work on the 1.2-mile stretch of roadway at Ballentine Street, continuing toward U.S. 90, started in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines