Beach Boulevard repairs nearly complete
Published: January 26,2010
BAY ST. LOUIS — According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), work to permanently reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis is nearing completion, with finishing touches and striping to be completed next week. A ribbon cutting is scheduled Feb. 15 at noon on Main Street at Beach Boulevard in front of the Hancock Bank.
Beach Boulevard was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Since that time the roadway has been open with a temporary limestone surfacing treatment while the city has worked to do local utility and road work.
The project, which includes roadway reconstruction and utility installation, was awarded to Hemphill Construction Company Inc. of Florence for $5.97 million. Work on the 1.2-mile stretch of roadway at Ballentine Street, continuing toward U.S. 90, started in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet