Beach Boulevard repairs nearly complete
by Wally Northway
Published: January 26,2010
BAY ST. LOUIS — According to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), work to permanently reconstruct Beach Boulevard in Bay St. Louis is nearing completion, with finishing touches and striping to be completed next week. A ribbon cutting is scheduled Feb. 15 at noon on Main Street at Beach Boulevard in front of the Hancock Bank.
Beach Boulevard was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Since that time the roadway has been open with a temporary limestone surfacing treatment while the city has worked to do local utility and road work.
The project, which includes roadway reconstruction and utility installation, was awarded to Hemphill Construction Company Inc. of Florence for $5.97 million. Work on the 1.2-mile stretch of roadway at Ballentine Street, continuing toward U.S. 90, started in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability