Bus company gets stimulus funding
Published: January 26,2010
GREENVILLE — Funding provided by the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) has allowed a Greenville-based bus company to expand its fleet of vehicles.
MDOT recently announced the purchase of five new 55-passenger buses, which will be operated by Delta Bus Lines Inc., an Intercity Bus Carrier. Through the Section 5311 (f) Intercity Bus Program, MDOT provided 83 percent of the funding for three of the $484,457 buses, with Delta Bus Lines contributing the remaining 17 percent. Two of the buses were purchased with 100 percent ARRA funding.
These new buses will be used to transport passengers from the Mississippi Delta for connection to other states. Delta Bus Lines operates transportation services from Memphis, Tenn., via U.S. 61 and U.S. 82, through Jackson and Vicksburg to Baton Rouge, La.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast