AT&T sees record Wi-Fi connections
Published: January 27,2010
AT&T reports that its customers made a record 85.5 million connections to the Internet in 2009 using AT&T’s Wi-Fi network, four times the number of Wi-Fi connections made in 2008.
In the fourth quarter 2009, AT&T customers made 35.3 million Wi-Fi connections — up 10 million connections from the third quarter of 2009. Fourth quarter connections also surpassed the number of connections made in the entire first half of 2009.
“Last year was a landmark year for AT&T Wi-Fi, and it shows in the tremendous response and usage we’ve seen from our customers and the leading venues we work with,” said Angie Wiskocil, senior vice president, AT&T Wi-Fi Services. “The record growth has been driven by our commitment to provide reliable connectivity solutions, the choice and simplicity of convenient locations, an unmatched portfolio of Wi-Fi enabled devices and plans, and strong venue support. We look forward to accelerating that growth even further in 2010 and beyond.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “AT&T sees record Wi-Fi connections”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015