AT&T sees record Wi-Fi connections
Published: January 27,2010
AT&T reports that its customers made a record 85.5 million connections to the Internet in 2009 using AT&T’s Wi-Fi network, four times the number of Wi-Fi connections made in 2008.
In the fourth quarter 2009, AT&T customers made 35.3 million Wi-Fi connections — up 10 million connections from the third quarter of 2009. Fourth quarter connections also surpassed the number of connections made in the entire first half of 2009.
“Last year was a landmark year for AT&T Wi-Fi, and it shows in the tremendous response and usage we’ve seen from our customers and the leading venues we work with,” said Angie Wiskocil, senior vice president, AT&T Wi-Fi Services. “The record growth has been driven by our commitment to provide reliable connectivity solutions, the choice and simplicity of convenient locations, an unmatched portfolio of Wi-Fi enabled devices and plans, and strong venue support. We look forward to accelerating that growth even further in 2010 and beyond.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “AT&T sees record Wi-Fi connections”
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags