Ex-banker sentenced for fraud, embezzlement
Published: January 27,2010
BRANDON — Authorities say a former branch manager of a Brandon bank has been sentenced to one year in prison for fraud and embezzlement.
U.S. Attorney Donald R. Burkhalter said Peggy Sue Harrell was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Jackson.
She was also ordered to pay $39,308 in restitution. Harrell pleaded guilty to the charges on September 30, 2009.
Harrell was previously employed as manager of the Trustmark National Bank branch in the Castlewoods community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports