Ex-banker sentenced for fraud, embezzlement
Published: January 27,2010
BRANDON — Authorities say a former branch manager of a Brandon bank has been sentenced to one year in prison for fraud and embezzlement.
U.S. Attorney Donald R. Burkhalter said Peggy Sue Harrell was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Jackson.
She was also ordered to pay $39,308 in restitution. Harrell pleaded guilty to the charges on September 30, 2009.
Harrell was previously employed as manager of the Trustmark National Bank branch in the Castlewoods community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager