Ex-banker sentenced for fraud, embezzlement
Published: January 27,2010
BRANDON — Authorities say a former branch manager of a Brandon bank has been sentenced to one year in prison for fraud and embezzlement.
U.S. Attorney Donald R. Burkhalter said Peggy Sue Harrell was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Jackson.
She was also ordered to pay $39,308 in restitution. Harrell pleaded guilty to the charges on September 30, 2009.
Harrell was previously employed as manager of the Trustmark National Bank branch in the Castlewoods community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement