Ex-banker sentenced for fraud, embezzlement
Published: January 27,2010
BRANDON — Authorities say a former branch manager of a Brandon bank has been sentenced to one year in prison for fraud and embezzlement.
U.S. Attorney Donald R. Burkhalter said Peggy Sue Harrell was sentenced Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Jackson.
She was also ordered to pay $39,308 in restitution. Harrell pleaded guilty to the charges on September 30, 2009.
Harrell was previously employed as manager of the Trustmark National Bank branch in the Castlewoods community.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club