Ex-finance manager arrested for embezzlement
BAY ST. LOUIS — On Jan. 25, special agents with the State Auditor’s Office arrested Linda Gavagnie and served her with an indictment on the charge of embezzlement.
Based on the evidence collected by the State Auditor’s Office, it is alleged that Gavagnie embezzled over $22,000 by making false entries into financial records of the school and transferring funds into accounts to hide the funds that she had taken.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “In this case, our investigation shows that the embezzlement began as far back as 2002. This indictment makes the 57th individual since 2008 that has been indicted following an investigation by the State Auditor’s Office and is awaiting trial.”
Gavagnie, 55, of Bay St. Louis was the finance manager for the Bay-Waveland School District from Jan. 2004–Sept. 21, 2007, when she resigned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center