Ex-finance manager arrested for embezzlement
BAY ST. LOUIS — On Jan. 25, special agents with the State Auditor’s Office arrested Linda Gavagnie and served her with an indictment on the charge of embezzlement.
Based on the evidence collected by the State Auditor’s Office, it is alleged that Gavagnie embezzled over $22,000 by making false entries into financial records of the school and transferring funds into accounts to hide the funds that she had taken.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “In this case, our investigation shows that the embezzlement began as far back as 2002. This indictment makes the 57th individual since 2008 that has been indicted following an investigation by the State Auditor’s Office and is awaiting trial.”
Gavagnie, 55, of Bay St. Louis was the finance manager for the Bay-Waveland School District from Jan. 2004–Sept. 21, 2007, when she resigned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that