Ex-finance manager arrested for embezzlement
BAY ST. LOUIS — On Jan. 25, special agents with the State Auditor’s Office arrested Linda Gavagnie and served her with an indictment on the charge of embezzlement.
Based on the evidence collected by the State Auditor’s Office, it is alleged that Gavagnie embezzled over $22,000 by making false entries into financial records of the school and transferring funds into accounts to hide the funds that she had taken.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “In this case, our investigation shows that the embezzlement began as far back as 2002. This indictment makes the 57th individual since 2008 that has been indicted following an investigation by the State Auditor’s Office and is awaiting trial.”
Gavagnie, 55, of Bay St. Louis was the finance manager for the Bay-Waveland School District from Jan. 2004–Sept. 21, 2007, when she resigned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring