Ex-finance manager arrested for embezzlement
BAY ST. LOUIS — On Jan. 25, special agents with the State Auditor’s Office arrested Linda Gavagnie and served her with an indictment on the charge of embezzlement.
Based on the evidence collected by the State Auditor’s Office, it is alleged that Gavagnie embezzled over $22,000 by making false entries into financial records of the school and transferring funds into accounts to hide the funds that she had taken.
State Auditor Stacey Pickering said, “In this case, our investigation shows that the embezzlement began as far back as 2002. This indictment makes the 57th individual since 2008 that has been indicted following an investigation by the State Auditor’s Office and is awaiting trial.”
Gavagnie, 55, of Bay St. Louis was the finance manager for the Bay-Waveland School District from Jan. 2004–Sept. 21, 2007, when she resigned.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program