Shuqualak Lumber adding mill
SHUQUALAK — Shuqualak Lumber, one of the largest producers of yellow pine in the Southeast, is expanding its operations by adding a new wood shaving mill, which will produce bedding for livestock. The capital investment of the expansion was not disclosed.
The company is retaining its existing workforce and plans to add 15 new jobs as a result of the expansion. Shuqualak Lumber operates two plants in Mississippi — a planer mill in Shuqualak and a nearby sawmill.
The Mississipi Development Authority assisted the company with the purchase of the wood shaving mill by providing $1.607 million through the Mississippi Existing Industry Productivity Loan Program (Existing Industry Loan Program).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shuqualak Lumber adding mill”
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well