Shuqualak Lumber adding mill
SHUQUALAK — Shuqualak Lumber, one of the largest producers of yellow pine in the Southeast, is expanding its operations by adding a new wood shaving mill, which will produce bedding for livestock. The capital investment of the expansion was not disclosed.
The company is retaining its existing workforce and plans to add 15 new jobs as a result of the expansion. Shuqualak Lumber operates two plants in Mississippi — a planer mill in Shuqualak and a nearby sawmill.
The Mississipi Development Authority assisted the company with the purchase of the wood shaving mill by providing $1.607 million through the Mississippi Existing Industry Productivity Loan Program (Existing Industry Loan Program).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shuqualak Lumber adding mill”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker