Shuqualak Lumber adding mill
SHUQUALAK — Shuqualak Lumber, one of the largest producers of yellow pine in the Southeast, is expanding its operations by adding a new wood shaving mill, which will produce bedding for livestock. The capital investment of the expansion was not disclosed.
The company is retaining its existing workforce and plans to add 15 new jobs as a result of the expansion. Shuqualak Lumber operates two plants in Mississippi — a planer mill in Shuqualak and a nearby sawmill.
The Mississipi Development Authority assisted the company with the purchase of the wood shaving mill by providing $1.607 million through the Mississippi Existing Industry Productivity Loan Program (Existing Industry Loan Program).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shuqualak Lumber adding mill”
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations