Shuqualak Lumber adding mill
SHUQUALAK — Shuqualak Lumber, one of the largest producers of yellow pine in the Southeast, is expanding its operations by adding a new wood shaving mill, which will produce bedding for livestock. The capital investment of the expansion was not disclosed.
The company is retaining its existing workforce and plans to add 15 new jobs as a result of the expansion. Shuqualak Lumber operates two plants in Mississippi — a planer mill in Shuqualak and a nearby sawmill.
The Mississipi Development Authority assisted the company with the purchase of the wood shaving mill by providing $1.607 million through the Mississippi Existing Industry Productivity Loan Program (Existing Industry Loan Program).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shuqualak Lumber adding mill”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!