Shuqualak Lumber adding mill
SHUQUALAK — Shuqualak Lumber, one of the largest producers of yellow pine in the Southeast, is expanding its operations by adding a new wood shaving mill, which will produce bedding for livestock. The capital investment of the expansion was not disclosed.
The company is retaining its existing workforce and plans to add 15 new jobs as a result of the expansion. Shuqualak Lumber operates two plants in Mississippi — a planer mill in Shuqualak and a nearby sawmill.
The Mississipi Development Authority assisted the company with the purchase of the wood shaving mill by providing $1.607 million through the Mississippi Existing Industry Productivity Loan Program (Existing Industry Loan Program).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Shuqualak Lumber adding mill”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state