Swine flu claims another life
DESOTO COUNTY — Since August 29, 2009, the beginning of the 2009-2010 flu season, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 22 influenza-related deaths in Mississippi. The latest death is a female child in DeSoto County.
Since the beginning of flu season, deaths have been reported in Jones (four), Jackson (two), Tate (two), Washington (two), Alcorn, Covington, DeSoto, Hancock, Hinds, Marion, Pearl River, Pike, Simpson, Stone, Tippah and Webster counties.
“Sadly, this serves as a reminder that all Mississippians – regardless of age or health conditions – need to get a swine flu vaccination,” said State Health Officer Dr. Mary Currier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Swine flu claims another life”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions