Swine flu claims another life
DESOTO COUNTY — Since August 29, 2009, the beginning of the 2009-2010 flu season, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) reports 22 influenza-related deaths in Mississippi. The latest death is a female child in DeSoto County.
Since the beginning of flu season, deaths have been reported in Jones (four), Jackson (two), Tate (two), Washington (two), Alcorn, Covington, DeSoto, Hancock, Hinds, Marion, Pearl River, Pike, Simpson, Stone, Tippah and Webster counties.
“Sadly, this serves as a reminder that all Mississippians – regardless of age or health conditions – need to get a swine flu vaccination,” said State Health Officer Dr. Mary Currier.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Swine flu claims another life”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation