Hancock fund ranks high
GULFPORT — Hancock Holding Company’s Hancock Horizon Diversified International Fund (HHDTX), for which EARNEST Partners is the subadvisor, was ranked in the top one percentile among international large cap blend mutual funds for 2009, according to Morningstar.
The trust class had a one-year return of 54.25 percent, compared to the fund’s benchmark, the MSCI ACWI ex US, which returned 41.45 percent for the same time period.
EARNEST Partners has managed its international strategy for 10 years, during which time it has outperformed its benchmark by 4.70 percent annualized gross of fees (3.96 percent net of fees).
John Portwood, chief investment strategist for Hancock Horizon Funds, said, “We have been very pleased with our relationship with EARNEST Partners and feel the diversified international fund is a great compliment to our other top rated mutual funds.”
The Hancock Horizon Burkenroad Fund received a top rating of five stars from Morningstar, while the Hancock Horizon Value Fund and the Strategic Income Bond Fund have both received four-star ratings from Morningstar. The International Fund is not eligible to receive a Morningstar rating until it has at least three years of investment performance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects