Quad/Graphics buying plant
CORINTH — A printing operation in Corinth is included in Quad/Graphics Inc.’s purchase of Canadian rival World Color Press Inc. Terms were not disclosed.
The Corinth plant has about 450 workers.
Including its various owners through the years, the Corinth facility has a history of more than 30 years in printing and is one of the city’s largest employers. It became home to Quebecor in 1999 when World Color Press merged with Quebecor World.
Quad/Graphics, based in Sussex, Wis., is the largest privately held printer in the U.S. It will go public in connection with the takeover announced Jan. 26.
The combined company will have 30,000 employees. World Color is based in Montreal, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate