Quad/Graphics buying plant
CORINTH — A printing operation in Corinth is included in Quad/Graphics Inc.’s purchase of Canadian rival World Color Press Inc. Terms were not disclosed.
The Corinth plant has about 450 workers.
Including its various owners through the years, the Corinth facility has a history of more than 30 years in printing and is one of the city’s largest employers. It became home to Quebecor in 1999 when World Color Press merged with Quebecor World.
Quad/Graphics, based in Sussex, Wis., is the largest privately held printer in the U.S. It will go public in connection with the takeover announced Jan. 26.
The combined company will have 30,000 employees. World Color is based in Montreal, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi