Quad/Graphics buying plant
CORINTH — A printing operation in Corinth is included in Quad/Graphics Inc.’s purchase of Canadian rival World Color Press Inc. Terms were not disclosed.
The Corinth plant has about 450 workers.
Including its various owners through the years, the Corinth facility has a history of more than 30 years in printing and is one of the city’s largest employers. It became home to Quebecor in 1999 when World Color Press merged with Quebecor World.
Quad/Graphics, based in Sussex, Wis., is the largest privately held printer in the U.S. It will go public in connection with the takeover announced Jan. 26.
The combined company will have 30,000 employees. World Color is based in Montreal, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute