Quad/Graphics buying plant
CORINTH — A printing operation in Corinth is included in Quad/Graphics Inc.’s purchase of Canadian rival World Color Press Inc. Terms were not disclosed.
The Corinth plant has about 450 workers.
Including its various owners through the years, the Corinth facility has a history of more than 30 years in printing and is one of the city’s largest employers. It became home to Quebecor in 1999 when World Color Press merged with Quebecor World.
Quad/Graphics, based in Sussex, Wis., is the largest privately held printer in the U.S. It will go public in connection with the takeover announced Jan. 26.
The combined company will have 30,000 employees. World Color is based in Montreal, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions