Quad/Graphics buying plant
CORINTH — A printing operation in Corinth is included in Quad/Graphics Inc.’s purchase of Canadian rival World Color Press Inc. Terms were not disclosed.
The Corinth plant has about 450 workers.
Including its various owners through the years, the Corinth facility has a history of more than 30 years in printing and is one of the city’s largest employers. It became home to Quebecor in 1999 when World Color Press merged with Quebecor World.
Quad/Graphics, based in Sussex, Wis., is the largest privately held printer in the U.S. It will go public in connection with the takeover announced Jan. 26.
The combined company will have 30,000 employees. World Color is based in Montreal, Canada.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that