Saints’ fans talk, text it up
Published: January 28,2010
NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans Saints fans were heard loud and clear over Verizon Wireless’ 3G network after the teams victory over the Minnesota Vikings Sunday night.
Verizon Wireless, the exclusive wireless provider of the Saints and the Louisiana Superdome, announced that the number of voice calls and text messages sent and received immediately following the NFC Championship game were almost three times the average amount compared to any other games this season. On the Verizon Wireless 3G network alone voice calls increased 300 percent and SMS text messages increased 150 percent compared to any other games.
Verizon Wireless took extra steps to prepare the network for the game. Over the past several weeks, Verizon Wireless’ network team boosted the capacity of the network to handle additional crowds during high traffic events. For the NFC Championship game, Verizon Wireless increased its network capacity to 150 percent in the Superdome, surrounding area and the French Quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion