Saints’ fans talk, text it up
by Wally Northway
Published: January 28,2010
NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans Saints fans were heard loud and clear over Verizon Wireless’ 3G network after the teams victory over the Minnesota Vikings Sunday night.
Verizon Wireless, the exclusive wireless provider of the Saints and the Louisiana Superdome, announced that the number of voice calls and text messages sent and received immediately following the NFC Championship game were almost three times the average amount compared to any other games this season. On the Verizon Wireless 3G network alone voice calls increased 300 percent and SMS text messages increased 150 percent compared to any other games.
Verizon Wireless took extra steps to prepare the network for the game. Over the past several weeks, Verizon Wireless’ network team boosted the capacity of the network to handle additional crowds during high traffic events. For the NFC Championship game, Verizon Wireless increased its network capacity to 150 percent in the Superdome, surrounding area and the French Quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody