Saints’ fans talk, text it up
Published: January 28,2010
NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans Saints fans were heard loud and clear over Verizon Wireless’ 3G network after the teams victory over the Minnesota Vikings Sunday night.
Verizon Wireless, the exclusive wireless provider of the Saints and the Louisiana Superdome, announced that the number of voice calls and text messages sent and received immediately following the NFC Championship game were almost three times the average amount compared to any other games this season. On the Verizon Wireless 3G network alone voice calls increased 300 percent and SMS text messages increased 150 percent compared to any other games.
Verizon Wireless took extra steps to prepare the network for the game. Over the past several weeks, Verizon Wireless’ network team boosted the capacity of the network to handle additional crowds during high traffic events. For the NFC Championship game, Verizon Wireless increased its network capacity to 150 percent in the Superdome, surrounding area and the French Quarter.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building