State’s unemployment rate exceeds 10 percent
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate rose to 10.3 percent in December, up from 9.1 percent in November.
The jobless rate was 7.7 percent in Dec. 2008.
Unemployment rates ranged from a high of 19 percent in Clay and Holmes counties to 6.8 percent in Rankin County.
MDES says unemployment rates increased in all 82 counties, with 23 Mississippi counties posting rates less than the state’s rate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn