State’s unemployment rate exceeds 10 percent
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate rose to 10.3 percent in December, up from 9.1 percent in November.
The jobless rate was 7.7 percent in Dec. 2008.
Unemployment rates ranged from a high of 19 percent in Clay and Holmes counties to 6.8 percent in Rankin County.
MDES says unemployment rates increased in all 82 counties, with 23 Mississippi counties posting rates less than the state’s rate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino