State’s unemployment rate exceeds 10 percent
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate rose to 10.3 percent in December, up from 9.1 percent in November.
The jobless rate was 7.7 percent in Dec. 2008.
Unemployment rates ranged from a high of 19 percent in Clay and Holmes counties to 6.8 percent in Rankin County.
MDES says unemployment rates increased in all 82 counties, with 23 Mississippi counties posting rates less than the state’s rate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today