State’s unemployment rate exceeds 10 percent
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate rose to 10.3 percent in December, up from 9.1 percent in November.
The jobless rate was 7.7 percent in Dec. 2008.
Unemployment rates ranged from a high of 19 percent in Clay and Holmes counties to 6.8 percent in Rankin County.
MDES says unemployment rates increased in all 82 counties, with 23 Mississippi counties posting rates less than the state’s rate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip