State’s unemployment rate exceeds 10 percent
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate rose to 10.3 percent in December, up from 9.1 percent in November.
The jobless rate was 7.7 percent in Dec. 2008.
Unemployment rates ranged from a high of 19 percent in Clay and Holmes counties to 6.8 percent in Rankin County.
MDES says unemployment rates increased in all 82 counties, with 23 Mississippi counties posting rates less than the state’s rate.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter