MDEQ welcomes new enHance members
Published: January 29,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) recently accepted 11 new members into its enHance program.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program begun in 2009 that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties and other entities that are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers — Associate, Steward or Leader.
enHance’s 2010 Leaders are: Caterpillar High Performance Extrusions of Oxford; Naval Construction Battalion Center of Gulfport; and, Southern Natural Gas – Pickens Station ofPickens). Stewards are: Columbus Brick of Columbus; Leaf River Cellulose, LLC, of New Augusta; Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Gulfport; Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems of Ocean Springs; and, Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Pascagoula. Associates are: GDF Suez Choctaw Gas Generation of Ackerman; GDF Suez Red Hills Power Plant of Ackerman; and, Gulf States Manufacturers – a Nucor Company of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDEQ welcomes new enHance members”
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House