MDEQ welcomes new enHance members
Published: January 29,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) recently accepted 11 new members into its enHance program.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program begun in 2009 that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties and other entities that are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers — Associate, Steward or Leader.
enHance’s 2010 Leaders are: Caterpillar High Performance Extrusions of Oxford; Naval Construction Battalion Center of Gulfport; and, Southern Natural Gas – Pickens Station ofPickens). Stewards are: Columbus Brick of Columbus; Leaf River Cellulose, LLC, of New Augusta; Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Gulfport; Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems of Ocean Springs; and, Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Pascagoula. Associates are: GDF Suez Choctaw Gas Generation of Ackerman; GDF Suez Red Hills Power Plant of Ackerman; and, Gulf States Manufacturers – a Nucor Company of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDEQ welcomes new enHance members”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi