MDEQ welcomes new enHance members
Published: January 29,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) recently accepted 11 new members into its enHance program.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program begun in 2009 that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties and other entities that are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers — Associate, Steward or Leader.
enHance’s 2010 Leaders are: Caterpillar High Performance Extrusions of Oxford; Naval Construction Battalion Center of Gulfport; and, Southern Natural Gas – Pickens Station ofPickens). Stewards are: Columbus Brick of Columbus; Leaf River Cellulose, LLC, of New Augusta; Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Gulfport; Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems of Ocean Springs; and, Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Pascagoula. Associates are: GDF Suez Choctaw Gas Generation of Ackerman; GDF Suez Red Hills Power Plant of Ackerman; and, Gulf States Manufacturers – a Nucor Company of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDEQ welcomes new enHance members”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter