MDEQ welcomes new enHance members
by Wally Northway
Published: January 29,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) recently accepted 11 new members into its enHance program.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program begun in 2009 that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties and other entities that are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers — Associate, Steward or Leader.
enHance’s 2010 Leaders are: Caterpillar High Performance Extrusions of Oxford; Naval Construction Battalion Center of Gulfport; and, Southern Natural Gas – Pickens Station ofPickens). Stewards are: Columbus Brick of Columbus; Leaf River Cellulose, LLC, of New Augusta; Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Gulfport; Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems of Ocean Springs; and, Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding of Pascagoula. Associates are: GDF Suez Choctaw Gas Generation of Ackerman; GDF Suez Red Hills Power Plant of Ackerman; and, Gulf States Manufacturers – a Nucor Company of Starkville.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDEQ welcomes new enHance members”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge