Nissan plant first to earn ENERGY STAR
by Wally Northway
Published: January 29,2010
CANTON — Nissan North America’s facility in Canton is the first vehicle assembly plant to receive the 2009 ENERGY STAR from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This is the fourth-consecutive year the Canton plant has received this distinguishing mark of energy performance that places the facility among the top 25 percent of auto assembly plants in the United States.
“It means something special when your company is connected with ENERGY STAR,” said Dan Bednarzyk, vice president, manufacturing-Canton. “That’s why we’re always proud to receive this award and will continually strive to look for new and beneficial ways to protect the environment and improve energy efficiency.”
Nissan’s ongoing energy efficiency practices at Canton include: engaging all employees in energy-management practices; installation of variable-speed electric-motor drives that match motor loads to the duty required; elimination of compressed air leaks; reducing startup and shutdown time on process equipment; and, improved controls for paint-process systems.
Nissan’s vehicle assembly plants in Smyrna, Tenn., and Canton continue to receive ENERGY STAR awards year-after-year. The plants, including Nissan’s powertrain assembly plant in Decherd have seen its energy efficiency improve by more than 30 percent, saving the company over $11.5 million per year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Nissan plant first to earn ENERGY STAR”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability