Ross to kick off run for Congress
Published: January 29,2010
EUPORA — Former Eupora mayor and judge Henry Ross has scheduled stops across North Mississippi Feb. 2 to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination for Congress in Mississippi’s 1st District.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Ross will launch his campaign with a bus tour with stops in Hernando, Corinth, Tupelo and Columbus.
He becomes the second announced GOP candidate for the party’s nomination. State Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo launched his GOP campaign last week.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, a Democrat, has held the 1st District seat since winning a special election in 2008.
The primary is in June and the general election in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics