Ross to kick off run for Congress
Published: January 29,2010
EUPORA — Former Eupora mayor and judge Henry Ross has scheduled stops across North Mississippi Feb. 2 to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination for Congress in Mississippi’s 1st District.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Ross will launch his campaign with a bus tour with stops in Hernando, Corinth, Tupelo and Columbus.
He becomes the second announced GOP candidate for the party’s nomination. State Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo launched his GOP campaign last week.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, a Democrat, has held the 1st District seat since winning a special election in 2008.
The primary is in June and the general election in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House