Ross to kick off run for Congress
Published: January 29,2010
EUPORA — Former Eupora mayor and judge Henry Ross has scheduled stops across North Mississippi Feb. 2 to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination for Congress in Mississippi’s 1st District.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Ross will launch his campaign with a bus tour with stops in Hernando, Corinth, Tupelo and Columbus.
He becomes the second announced GOP candidate for the party’s nomination. State Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo launched his GOP campaign last week.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, a Democrat, has held the 1st District seat since winning a special election in 2008.
The primary is in June and the general election in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'