Ross to kick off run for Congress
Published: January 29,2010
EUPORA — Former Eupora mayor and judge Henry Ross has scheduled stops across North Mississippi Feb. 2 to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination for Congress in Mississippi’s 1st District.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Ross will launch his campaign with a bus tour with stops in Hernando, Corinth, Tupelo and Columbus.
He becomes the second announced GOP candidate for the party’s nomination. State Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo launched his GOP campaign last week.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, a Democrat, has held the 1st District seat since winning a special election in 2008.
The primary is in June and the general election in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.