Ross to kick off run for Congress
Published: January 29,2010
EUPORA — Former Eupora mayor and judge Henry Ross has scheduled stops across North Mississippi Feb. 2 to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination for Congress in Mississippi’s 1st District.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Ross will launch his campaign with a bus tour with stops in Hernando, Corinth, Tupelo and Columbus.
He becomes the second announced GOP candidate for the party’s nomination. State Sen. Alan Nunnelee of Tupelo launched his GOP campaign last week.
U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, a Democrat, has held the 1st District seat since winning a special election in 2008.
The primary is in June and the general election in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions